Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Issues with "Message of the Day" API Script.

Recently, the Message of the Day API script that I have been using in all my games has stopped working in one of them. I've tried removing and re-adding it, disabling and re-enabling it, restarting the game, and copying the game. Nothing has gotten it to start working again. For some reason, only this particular game won't run the MotD script. If anyone can help me find a solution to this problem, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edited 1578782137
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm. If you want to PM me a join link, and GM me, I can take a look. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ah, I figured it out.  Your name in the game is this: Vlad "Drykul" Tepes When the API whispers to people, we generally quote their names: sendChat('test',`/w "${name}" some message.`); When we try that with your name, we get: sendChat('test',`/w "Vlad "Drykul" Tepes" some message.`); Which then attempts to whisper to a Character named "Vlad ", which doesn't exist.  You'll see a message like this in the API log: {"who":"error","type":"error","content":"Unable to find a player or character with name: Vlad "} I don't think there's any way to escape the name so that it will actually work, but I'll look into it. In the meantime, if you change your name to: Vlad 'Drykul' Tepes or similar, it will work just fine.