Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Asset Library User Experience Improvements

Marco G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Asset Library Improvements This is a first draft for an improvement of asset library of Roll20. There were similar Ideas already, but they did not follow through the idea of having a separated asset management outside of the games. Asset Overview This is a general overview of all assets available to you. This is separated by purchased assets from the marketplace and uploaded assets. Also you get an overview of your used space. It might even be possible that the "Disk Space" bar is multicolored to show which types of assets take a certain amount of space. Similar to the disk space management of Android phones. Asset Upload A click on the upload button allows to upload one or more files into a directory. Game Overview In the Game Overview you get access to all games you either created or are appointed as GM. You can select a game here and then drag and drop assets to the campaign to assign them. This allows for a cleaner management and does not clutter the campaigns with all assets you ever uploaded. In-Game View The upload history is gone as it does not seem to be all too useful. I always struggle finding assets there that I need. Instead you get the directory structure from the asset library and get access to all assets that you assigned to this campaign. As this is a first draft things might change from time to time. I am also exited to get feedback from you guys and further ideas for improvement.  Eventually I will add more text describing how I think the user workflow could look like. Cheers, Marco
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .