Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Advanced Fog of War and Reveal Area

Edited 1579216303
I need to reveal parts of my tabletop with Advanced Fog of War active.  Some of my table is for playing of cards and cannot be covered by Fog of War, but Reveal Area does almost nothing - the revealed areas are still extremely dark.  Normal Fog of War is not active. Actually none of the Fog commands are working with Advanced Fog of War.  Hide Area does nothing to cover what has been "revealed" with Reveal Area.. I really wanted Emits Light to work, but it literally does nothing.  The only thing that reveals the map is Reveal Distance in Advanced Token Settings.
Do your tokens for characters have "Has Vision" enabled?  "Emits light" provides light areas, and "Has vision" allows the token to see that light. You need both to get the effect of the character token "seeing" the "light" emitted. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
To reveal an area for Advanced Fog of War, you must have player tokens that can see an area with the Reveal distance.  I'd suggest drawing a box on the DL layer around your Card area, then drop a transparent token into it which as a super bright light, vision, and all players controlling it.  That should reveal it for everyone as they get on that page.

Edited 1579285376
Thanks for the quick response. This stuff is doing all sorts of crazy things.  NOW, my token (character) is emitting light, WITHOUT Reveal Distance being set, as you can see in screenie (the character is at the top above the windows.) I just made what is going to be my transparent token (in between the two windows) with the exact same setting and it is NOT revealing the map. Only difference between the tokens is one is a character and one is just a token. After adding a Reveal Distance to the plain token, it is still not revealing anything. EDIT: Controlled By wasn't set! The only thing I can say now is its very weird how FoW still greys out the map after you Reveal and area.  Only way to TRULY reveal is with light source.