Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Creature Handouts that come with Monster Manual

Score + 34
I would love to see Creature Handouts included with purchase of the 5E Monster Manual (and other creature supplements), similar to the handouts seen in 5E Adventure Modules. I am currently having to manually upload images for creature handouts every time my players encounter a new monster, and I think the inclusion of these handouts by Roll20 would help many a DM improve the game for their players! Thank you! ^^
Spren
Sheet Author
This is a great idea. The handouts already exist, just collect them up and make them an addon that comes with the purchase of the monster manual. +1
HOLY HECK YES! Upvoting this to the max!
Alternate idea: Just put the pic in the creature description, and all the rest of the description in the GM Info section. Then you can just click the “Show to Players” button on the existing creature sheet, and not have to double the number of items in the journal.
Spren said: This is a great idea. The handouts already exist, just collect them up and make them an addon that comes with the purchase of the monster manual. +1 I think having them as addons would be fantastic! It would certainly be easy for users to implement in their pre-existing games that way.

Edited 1580849569
You can simply show the bio to the players (just edit away any text about rules etc you don't want them to read)
Joe said: Alternate idea: Just put the pic in the creature description, and all the rest of the description in the GM Info section. Then you can just click the “Show to Players” button on the existing creature sheet, and not have to double the number of items in the journal. YES! Although currently I just right click the image>copy image> go to discord and post in the general chat... But not all my players have dual screens...

Edited 1580933115
Joe
Pro
Mike L. said: Joe said: Alternate idea: Just put the pic in the creature description, and all the rest of the description in the GM Info section. Then you can just click the “Show to Players” button on the existing creature sheet, and not have to double the number of items in the journal. YES! Although currently I just right click the image&gt;copy image&gt; go to discord and post in the general chat... But not all my players have dual screens... Macro trick for easily putting pics into chat:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/7035555/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/7035555/</a> &nbsp;(if that doesn’t load to the “Monster Images in Chat” post, scroll to look for it; it was posted on September 24th) •&nbsp; Macro: [Image](?{URL}#.png ) •&nbsp; Right click on the image (e.g. in the monster character) and select "copy image address".
These are all great workaround suggestions! ^^ Though the main reason I posted this suggestion wasn't because I had difficulty showing my players images - rather I simply love the format in which creature handouts are presented in the various different 5E Adventure Modules, and was hoping to have access to those handouts for creatures from the Monster Manual, etc.
visibility bump
Agreed, I like the idea of having a "Codex" for the monsters that my groups have encountered. Like a D&amp;D version of catching all the Pokemon. ^_^ Plus the formatting would appease my sense of consistency. :)
visibility bump - I love the handouts that come the the modules, I use them to contain monster knowledge for my adventure's and it irks me that I have to make my own, that aren't consistent with my others :( even though I have purchased the MM.