Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lightning is not working

I just upgraded to plus, mostly for the dynamic lightning, wich sadly does not work at all. I watched a tutorial, tried it out, and yet when i switch to the player perspective the screen remains black. I have already tried different browsers, the chrome acceleration thing, and made sure to have the DL enabled in first place. Does anybody have a clue what else I can try?
I am having the EXACT same issue.  I also just upgraded to Plus
Dave DM said: I am having the EXACT same issue.  I also just upgraded to Plus Is there anything you tried that I have not mentioned? Just so I can test it out and we can rule out further possibilities.

Edited 1579473756
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Without more information, it's pretty hard to find out what the trouble might be. Screenshots of the token settings (both screens), page settings (showing all  DL, FoW and AFoW settings, and of the VTT itself would be very useful. Some common stumbling blocks 1) Ensure Dynamic Lighting is turned on for the page. Leave FoW and AFoW OFF for the time being. One issue at a time. 2) Turn ON all DL settings. Global Illumination is optional, but if it is off, then make sure something on the page is emitting light. Either a token or any piece of art. If the token you are testing does not emit light, make sure the item emitting light has "All Players See Light" turned ON. 3) Make sure your test token has sight turned ON.  Are you using Ctrl-L to test, or rejoining as player? Give those a lookover and if there are still problems, try posting the screen shots above.
It works now. The only thing wich could have helped was me turning of FoW, AFow was already off. Is there a possibility that it for whatever reason takes a while to turn on? Because I literally switched to plus not an hour ago.

Edited 1579475404
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Fog of War defaults to the entire map obscured. GMs must decide which areas they specifically want to reveal. If Fog of War was turned on, unless you use the reveal tool to show specific areas, the entire map will be in darkness for everybody, regardless of any other settings. Here are some ways of thinking of the three systems metaphorically, as if you were using a physical map with human players all around a real table. Your map has little walls that physically stick up: Think of Fog of War as a big sheet of black paper over your map, that you cut holes through to reveal parts. For Dynamic Lighting , think of all the players being in a dark room. You can set little lights on the map in areas you want them to see, but only if you explicitly give them permission to open their eyes. Since the little lights are sitting on the table, they can't shine through any walls you have set up. For Advanced Fog of War , imagine that the players have a camera they can use to photograph areas they have seen, but for some reason, the camera cannot photograph any of the minis on the board.
Ignore the last message if its still visible, roll20 is still new to me and your help was not only fast but also amazingly informative, thank you very much!