Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help making macro for OSR Saving throws

I'm trying to get a sheet ready to run Other Dust, a post apocalyptic OSR game, and I'm lost on how to make the saving throw macros.  The rules are you roll 1d20+situational bonus or penalty and compare it to a number that goes down as you level up. OSR stuff. So what I thought up was making an attribute for the save (ie PE for Physical Effect saves)and doing [[1d20+?{Boon/Bane|0}cs@{PE}]]. Didn't work. I've tried parenthesis, using > and < and queries and nothing is working. I figured an Attribute was the best way to go because the saves are specific to each class. I'd like a macro but also if there's an API solution I can use that too. 

Edited 1579590827
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I think the cs/cf only works on the actual roll portion of the macro(ie '1d20cs' but not '1d20+0cs'), but you could LOWER the target number by the amount of the bonus, which would be the same chance of success... example; [[ 1d20cs>[[@{selected|PE}-?{Boon/Bane|0}]] ]] actually, I think that would only work for a Boon.  A Bane (negative modifier) breaks the cs maybe 2 macros, one for bane or one for boon? [[ 1d20cs>[[@{selected|PE} - abs(?{Boon|0}) ]] ]] [[ 1d20cs>[[{@{selected|PE} + abs(?{Bane|0}),0}kh1 ]] ]] or maybe one macro, but 2 prompts? [[ 1d20cs>[[ {@{selected|PE} ?{Bane or Boon?|Boon,-|Bane,+|} abs(?{Mod?|0}),0}kh1 ]] ]] sorry, there's probably a more elegant solution but it's not coming to me immediately. ;-)
Ah! yes, it works perfectly now, thank you Vince!