Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

AD&D 2e Currency calculation is wrong for EP, GP and PP.

Edited 1579770362
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
This error is present in the 'AD&amp;D 2E Revised' character sheet. The currency calculator has calculations errors for Electrum coins, Gold coins and Platinium coins I have tested in Chrome ( 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit) ), Firefox and Edge I am running Windows 10. Javascript is enabled Antivirus is Webroot Browser extensions: Ad block plus I dont care about cookies eat this cookie dashlane dataslayer It appears to be a straight forward calculations error, as it calculates correctly when converting from Copper or Silver, but not from EP, GP, or PP The error is that EP -&gt; GP expects 5 EP pr 1 GP, instead of 2 EP pr 1 GP. This error is present when converting from EP, GP and PP. The text under the box even shows the correct calculations, as written in Players Handbook (p. 89, Table 42), it is just not implemented correctly. I have made a pull request with a fix here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/5812" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/5812</a>
Heya&nbsp;Peter Bjerg M. -&nbsp; Since this is related to a community sheet, I went ahead and moved your post to the Character Sheet &amp; Compendium Forum for better visibility. Happy gaming! :)
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Thank you. I was unsure where to place it, so I thought the Bugs section was the most accurate. Thank you for helping :) Is Roll20 handled by a professional (getting paid) team, or is it a past time project? I am a programmer myself, so if the source code is available on any source control site (Bitbucket, Github, etc.) then I could make a pull request to fix the error myself and speed along the process? :)
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Which sheet is this? There is AD&amp;D 2e revised that is two years out of date and there is an AD&amp;D 2e sheet that was updated 15 months ago.&nbsp;
Gold
Forum Champion
Both sheets have 1 or more people who look after them. Alex is around if it's anything about the "AD&amp;D 2E Simple Sheet". However the one pictured is the other sheet I think, and I'm not sure who volunteers on that one, but someone does, even if it has been a few months. These sheets periodically get updated and discussed in the community.

Edited 1579770441
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Pat S. said: Which sheet is this? There is AD&amp;D 2e revised that is two years out of date and there is an AD&amp;D 2e sheet that was updated 15 months ago.&nbsp; Gold said: Both sheets have 1 or more people who look after them. Alex is around if it's anything about the "AD&amp;D 2E Simple Sheet". However the one pictured is the other sheet I think, and I'm not sure who volunteers on that one, but someone does, even if it has been a few months. These sheets periodically get updated and discussed in the community. Sorry I forgot to clearify this as I assume there was only one AD&amp;D 2e sheet! The error is in the 'AD&amp;D 2E Revised' sheet. I have made a pull request for a fix for the calculation. When I looked into the problem, I noticed that multiple settings had errors in their calculations, so I went ahead and fixed them aswell. Here is my pull request:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/5812" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/5812</a>
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Peter Bjerg M. said: Is Roll20 handled by a professional (getting paid) team, or is it a past time project? Roll20 Character Sheets are maintained/updated by a variety of people, of which the was majority of less prominent systems are updated by community members. The Roll20 Character Sheet GitHub repo contains all community sheets. More info on Creating/Editing Roll20 Character Sheets . Nicholas said: Since this is related to a community sheet , I went ahead and moved your post to the Character Sheet &amp; Compendium Forum for better visibility. The AD&amp;D 2e sheet is a community-maintained sheet, which means Roll20 only accepts&amp;merges changes submitted by users, but doesn't them-self take active role in these sheets. Nicholas didn't explain the meaning of the term so I understand why you might get confused o what his reply meant. The sheets are basically split in three groups, when it comes to support: 1.Maintained by Roll20: These sheets have "by Roll20" in their name. Roll20 have created the sheets in cooperation with the publisher and have active support of these. Currently keeps these sheets' sourcode separate form the community sheets. Their last public versions are available from a few month ago in the Character Sheet repo. 2. Maintained/Commissioned by Publisher: These sheet have been officially endorsed/commissioned/requested by the publisher, and have "by [publisher name]" at the end. These sheets are highlighted in the selection menu by being grouped at the top just after the Official Roll20 Sheets, but otherwise Roll20 doesn't directly have much to do with these, as the publisher have their own person who have made the sheet or maintains it. Community members can freely submit fixes to these sheets(to my understanding). 3. Sheets made by Community Members (the wast majority): The rest of the sheets, which is the was majority of them, are created &amp; maintained by community members in their free time. There are a couple of sheets that have been given the explicit belling of the game creator/publisher, but are otherwise hands off on these things. There are even a couple of community sheets maintained by Roll20 staff in their free time. This isn't really a thing most people know, and don't remember seeing this explained either. It's pretty common and understandable to for people to assume Roll20 is actively responsible for every character sheet. But knowing how many they are, and how they have been created by a large variety of people, would make it clear that this would be an absolutely massive task. That being said, even if Roll20 let's the community update and change the sheets, it still does some screening &amp; light review of the submitted changes on these, and have occasionally reverted bad changes made by community members after users expressed problems with some update. Sorry if this was a bit of an over-kill explanation, but I realized this haven't really been said well in any other place, so I wanted to something that can referenced when this topic comes up again.
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Andreas J. said: .... a lot of stuff Thank you for the clearification. I found the github repository and made a fix: Here is my pull request:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/5812" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/5812</a> I just need someone to read, approve, merge and deploy it so the online sheet calcualte properly again :)
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Peter Bjerg M. said: Thank you for the clearification. I found the github repository and made a fix: Here is my pull request:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/5812" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/5812</a> I just need someone to read, approve, merge and deploy it so the online sheet calcualte properly again :) Great! Considering you aren't a Pro-user and can't check in Roll20 the changes you submitted, I created a test game with your code that you can go and check that the changes you did all worked out to be correct. The game has a character sheet that anyone who enters can pope around with. (Among the Guidelines for submitting changes to the community sheets it's mentioned that changes should be checked in Roll20, which generally mean you'd need access to a game created by a Pro subscriber. Although that requirement can reasonably be skipped for this kind of small changes that doesn't edit functionality)
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Andreas J. said: Great! Considering you aren't a Pro-user and can't check in Roll20 the changes you submitted, I created a test game with your code that you can go and check that the changes you did all worked out to be correct. The game has a character sheet that anyone who enters can pope around with. (Among the Guidelines for submitting changes to the community sheets it's mentioned that changes should be checked in Roll20, which generally mean you'd need access to a game created by a Pro subscriber. Although that requirement can reasonably be skipped for this kind of small changes that doesn't edit functionality) Thank you for creating that test game. It is always nice to have an end-to-end test to be absolutly sure that everything is correnct :) I have submitted screenshots of the old / new calculation for each setting below Setting Old New Standard Dragonlance Dark Sun Ravenloft Maztica BirthRight
Gold
Forum Champion
good job on the explanation Andreas and the updates Peter
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Gold said: good job on the explanation Andreas and the updates Peter Thank you for the kind words :). How long is the average time for a change to be deployed? I'm just very anxious to get my changes live for my group to use :)

Edited 1579776695
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Peter Bjerg M. said: Thank you for the kind words :). How long is the average time for a change to be deployed? I'm just very anxious to get my changes live for my group to use :) Roll20 reviews and updates community sheets once a week. Review on Monday &amp; Update on Tuesday .

Edited 1579777780
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Andreas J. said: Roll20 reviews and updates community sheets once a week. Review on Monday &amp; Update on Tuesday . Great. Then it might be ready for our next game session on Wednesday! :D
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
As we are getting closer to the deadline for my pull request getting reviewed, I have started to worry about the error shown on the pull request: The error does not tell me why the validation fails, but I assume it is because the HTML is the file is incorrectly formatted. There are some &lt;div&gt; elements that are opened without being closed. I intentionally left those errors in, to avoid cluttering my pull request with changes not relevant to the fix I needed. Will this validation error block my pull request from being reviewed and merged?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Those checks are still a WIP, and have been failing for much no reason a few times. The PR looks fine to me, but we'll know sometime in the next 10 hours what they say.
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Andreas J. said: Those checks are still a WIP, and have been failing for much no reason a few times. The PR looks fine to me, but we'll know sometime in the next 10 hours what they say. Thank you Andreas. Good to know that it is WIP. I would be hard pressed to fix the entire markup of the html file in the next few hours :D