Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences here.
×
×
Cookie Preferences
We use Cookies to help personalize and improve Roll20. For more information on our use of non-essential Cookies, visit our Privacy Policy here.
Scenario: A group of adventurers are searching a room. Is there a way to pre-generate a list of results and automatically whisper that to the players based on the result of their search test?
Thank you keithcurtis, But is there a way for me to have a list like DC10 reveals 'x', DC15 reveals 'x' + 'y', and DC20 reveals 'x', + 'y' + 'z' and then have the appropriate results be whispered to the player when they roll for their search? I know I may be asking a lot, I'm new and I'm trying to figure this out.
You cant do that with a free subscription. You can do it with a Pro subscription (but not automatically - you'd still need to write or ask someone to write a custom script for it).
I use Powercards (3.6.1) and I have an example that does something similar to what you are looking for. Here is something I whipped up ages ago, when talking about this very subject. (Click for a better view, stupid tiny 'preview' stuff) The macro could be edited to whisper to people and to require a roll instead of you telling the macro what the best result was. As stated, this requires a Pro subscription o the part of the game's creator.