Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

cant use Curse of Strahd maps even though I own the book on roll20

what do I need to buy that maps to even though I bought the book on here.  keep in mind I am a free account cuz I cant afford plus cuz money is tight

Edited 1582321401
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm pretty certain that if you bought the module, all the maps are included.  The separate map pack is for someone who already owns the module in another form, and just needs the maps for Roll20.  If you have the module, the maps should already be made as map pages along the bar at the top.  Is that not showing up for you?
no, its  not the only thing that shows is something from pathfinder.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you create a game using Curse of Strahd at creation time, and choose the D&D 5e by Roll20 character sheet, the maps should all be available under your Page menu while in-game. If you are seeing Pathfinder content, you are likely looking in the wrong place.

Edited 1582344795
i didnt want the game I wanted to use the maps in an other game
That screenshot is showing the Game Addon section. Curse of Strahd is a Module, and needs to be selected when you create the game. It cannot be added to an existing game. See more here: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/How_to_Access_Marketplace_Content#Modules" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/How_to_Access_Marketplace_Content#Modules</a>
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Fin. If all you wanted was the maps, you bought the wrong thing. The module has everything that would be in a physical copy and it was written for the 5e system. You can create the game and switch the sheet template if you want to use the actual content including the map but understand that none of the sheets would be filled.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you think you might have purchased something in error and need to make a change, email <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a>. If you want to run Strahd in a different game system, Pat's advice is spot on. If you want to add one or more of the maps to an ongoing game, then yes, you have purchased the module, and you needed the map pack. The good thing is, the map pack is cheaper, and hopefully, you can fix that by contacting the team. If the problem is something else entirely, please describe what is happening and what you would like to have happen in more detail, and one of us can likely point you in the right direction.
I want the module but&nbsp; I don't see why since I&nbsp; bought the module&nbsp; I can't use the maps in other games

Edited 1582423560
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
You can use the module maps in other games if you upgrade to Pro and use the Transmogrifier.&nbsp; Until then, the maps are locked in the module belong to.&nbsp; This is one of the many perks of a Pro level membership. :)
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I think you still can on a free account, but it will be more work.&nbsp; Create a game with the module.&nbsp; Delete everything (anything you don't want anyway) in the journal.&nbsp; Make sure the character sheet is set up for whatever system you want to use.&nbsp; Now you have the maps and nothing else (unless you didn't delete everything in the journal), and are ready to run your game.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Another work around for the base map is to attach it (default token) to a character sheet and use the character vault (plus subscription) to move it between campaigns but nothing else goes which means any extra tokens such as doors, monsters, misc, and disabled features that are setup (dynamic lighting and such) are not moved. You could technically do that with each piece then you would have to reassemble the map but in my opinion it would not be worth the effort.
And to follow on to Kraynic's suggestion, use Copy Game to make a copy of this "maps only" game to run. Then you have a base game you can always make copies from in the future.
Its still makes no sense that I cant just add the maps as an add on
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
fin said: Its still makes no sense that I cant just add the maps as an add on I can say that people have sometimes bought both the module and the addon and tried to put the map addon into a game on top of the module.&nbsp; That doesn't go so well...&nbsp; Which may be why they don't just give the map addon to someone that bought the module.&nbsp; If you haven't, you should email roll20 through the link at the bottom of the page.&nbsp; That is where you are sure to get an official response to something dealing with your account.