Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Search won't bring up my purchased content

Edited 1584660867
EDIT: I realized just now that it brings up searches from my spell effects purchases but nothing else.  Nothing else under purchased content/freebies/etc EDIT2: After looking through the forums, it seems this issue has persisted on and off for nearly 6 months.  That seems quit ridiculous.  This seems like a vital feature of the roll20 gametable being a usable tool.  Please advise asap what's going on and if this has been resolved. I saw a thread on this from back in July saying it was fixed in August.  It's not working for me and very frustrating.  I have, for example, a "dog" pog in my free content.  I can find this manually and move it onto the map.  However, when I search "dog," nothing comes up.  I have a lot of purchased content as well that doesn't show up in the search.  Please advise asap.
/bump
Hey Matt P. -  When searching for this content, have you already tried adjusting the dropdown above the search bar to the "Everything" category? If so, were the results the same? 
Also the same for me- and yes, I have adjusted the dropdown tag to everything.
Yes, I've tried changing to everything.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason to how it searches.  It can't find anything at all in any of my free or purchased content for the most part.   THIS IS A KEY FEATURE OF THIS ENTIRE PRODUCT.  I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHY IT'S NOT WORKING AND WHAT THE RESOLUTION IS.

Edited 1585220472
I am having the same problem. As long as i do not enter anything in the search bar, i am able to manually sift through my marketplace purchases and use the tokens. As soon as i enter a search term however, all my purchased assets are no longer shown in the results. As you can see the search is set to 'everything', so there should not be any reason for my purchases to not show up. This is rather frustrating and currently leading to me not buying any more assets since i would not be able to use them without a ridiculous amount of unnecessary searching on my part. Edit: The problem is the same on Chrome and Firefox
Schwip has explained the problem I am having perfectly!
Agreed - I'm also experiencing the exact same behavior as Shawn and Schwip.
I am also having this issue.  Thank you for any help.
I'm bumping this.  I won't be using this platform until this is fixed.  This is pretty silly that it hasn't been addressed.  I found older forum posts as well citing this issue
No solution as of yet, it would be wonderful to get some kind of feedback on this matter.
Agreed. Seeing these threads makes me hesitant to purchase art content, although there is much on my wishlist
REPLY TO THIS!!!!!!!!  THIS IS RIDICULOUS THAT THERE HAS BEEN CONTENT PURCHASED ON THIS AND SUCH A PATHETICALLY SIMPLE ASPECT OF THE SERVICE THAT IS VITAL TO GAMING IS BROKEN FOR SO LONG.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The issue seems to be artwork that appears as part of a compendium: tokens that come with the PHB, Xanathars, etc. Standalone art purchases seem to be findable. I know it's no solution, but it is a data point toward a resolution.

Edited 1587153793
its ely annoying that no one answering ,,,,,, from 3 weeks ,,,,,, /bump
Hey everyone, We are certainly aware that there are limitations with searching your Art Library. At this stage, we are investigating issues with search function to determine what use cases aren't being met. Please keep these reports coming as they help us get a broader understanding of your needs. We will of course continue to assist where possible within the bounds of the current functionality of the art library search.

Edited 1588133025
Another example here, trying to search for a skeleton. Art library search comes up empty, however, the free token sets from Devin Night have several assets named skeleton. If I manually tag them with skeleton, then the search function finds them. I have tried copying them to My Library with no change. I have tried all options in the search including Everything, and it made no difference.
Since searching via Tags seems to work, maybe split the name of the library item by spaces and add the results as tags as well? Marketplace items should generally have pretty descriptive names. That way we could search by name as well.
Hey Roll20 Team. Any updates on this?
This problem still persists despite what this person said:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/7691172/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/7691172/</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Not an excuse—because the search function should definitely work better—but that previous thread was a different issue. In that one, no purchase were showing. The current issue seems to be non-reporting of assets that come as part of something other than a standalone art pack (i.e. tokens or maps that come with a compendium, for example).
Any updates on this? I have purchased a few things in the marketplace but, the search-ability is so bad that I generally end up using random assets from the internet. I doubt I'll make any marketplace purchases until this is fixed since I'm basically paying money to do more work.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
What part are you asking for an update of? I.e. what are you unable to find, and is the behavior different from what is described above? Are you searching for an asset that came with a compendium?