Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] Supernotes

keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I have added --notitle  to the list of parameters. It is the only parameter that can be used in conjunction with another, and can be used in any order. Example: !pcnote --image --notitle or !pcnote --notitle --image will send the image from the bio page of the token's associate character sheet (if any) but will not show the title field. I have tested this on the D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet, and done cursory testing on most of the other sheets the script supports. If anyone finds an issue, let me know. This version should be available from One Click install after the next pull, likely Tuesday.
keithcurtis said: I have added --notitle  to the list of parameters. It is the only parameter that can be used in conjunction with another, and can be used in any order. Example: !pcnote --image --notitle or !pcnote --notitle --image will send the image from the bio page of the token's associate character sheet (if any) but will not show the title field. I have tested this on the D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet, and done cursory testing on most of the other sheets the script supports. If anyone finds an issue, let me know. This version should be available from One Click install after the next pull, likely Tuesday. Yay! Thank you, Keith. Question: you can run this parameter with !gmnote too, right??
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yup. It works with all combinations of base command and parameters.
keithcurtis said: Yup. It works with all combinations of base command and parameters. Excellent!
Hey Keith. Excited to try this one out using Map Pins. Feature request: Any chance you could add a command so players can whisper supernotes to self ? The GM and Public note options are cool, but I'd like my players to have the option to click them privately on the map so that their info checks don't get pushed out to the public chat. This will allow them to study the map info without sending what might be confusing info to the other players. Thanks for all you do!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I'll put that on my to do list. It sounds like a good addition.

Edited 1614363187
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It proved to be ridiculously easy. It should be in the next merge. !selfnote  whispers the note to to the sender If you are using the footer option, it will appear on a !selfnote whisper, so that the message can be shared with other players if desired. I'll update the top post once it has merged.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Nice addition.
keithcurtis said: It proved to be ridiculously easy. It should be in the next merge. !selfnote  whispers the note to to the sender If you are using the footer option, it will appear on a !selfnote whisper, so that the message can be shared with other players if desired. I'll update the top post once it has merged. Looking forward to this. Now my players' spamming of the same map pin item won't flood the chat with duplicate content. :)
Jay R. said: keithcurtis said: It proved to be ridiculously easy. It should be in the next merge. !selfnote  whispers the note to to the sender If you are using the footer option, it will appear on a !selfnote whisper, so that the message can be shared with other players if desired. I'll update the top post once it has merged. Looking forward to this. Now my players' spamming of the same map pin item won't flood the chat with duplicate content. :) Awesome, thanks Keith! I am glad this was not a difficult upgrade. For my version, I might have to add, "wait, did I say that out loud?" to fire as a rider whenever a player uses !pcnote by accident.

Edited 1616598815
Was using it today and it just stopped returning information.  All I get now when I execute a !gmnote or !pcnote command is the (From Supernotes:)  prompt.  Even when I enter the "!gmnote --help" command, I get nothing but the prompt. I've restarted my sandbox.  I've completely shutdown my browser and restarted.  I've deleted the script and re-added it. In the console, I can see that it is actually obtaining the desired text and assigning it to a message , I just don't know why it's not returning it to my chat window.   Just before it stopped working, I had executed the "!gmnote --config" command and clicked the player toggle option. Once I did that, it stopped working.  Is there a trick to get it working again? I really love this script, and hoping you've seen this before.  
Will M. said: Was using it today and it just stopped returning information.  All I get now when I execute a !gmnote or !pcnote command is the (From Supernotes:)  prompt.  Even when I enter the "!gmnote --help" command, I get nothing but the prompt. I've restarted my sandbox.  I've completely shutdown my browser and restarted.  I've deleted the script and re-added it. In the console, I can see that it is actually obtaining the desired text and assigning it to a message , I just don't know why it's not returning it to my chat window.   Just before it stopped working, I had executed the "!gmnote --config" command and clicked the player toggle option. Once I did that, it stopped working.  Is there a trick to get it working again? I really love this script, and hoping you've seen this before.   I figured out how to fix.   Somehow it must have gotten configured to set to the wrong "Sheet" type, so any text being returned wasn't being displayed. The fix for me was to enter this command:   !gmnote --config|dnd5e Posting here just in case any other users have a similar experience.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Good observation. I believe I set it up so that !gmnote --config uses the default template, just in case. I'll try to remember to add that to the docs for any future update.

Edited 1616612546
Small request I'd like to ask: The Pathfinder 2e option currently puts the body of text in the 'notes' field, which forces italicization and hides any intentionally italicized words. Could you please change it to the 'desc' field so words can be italicized individually? case 'pf2e': state.Supernotes.sheet = 'Pathefinder 2e'; state.Supernotes.template = 'rolls'; state.Supernotes.title = 'header'; state.Supernotes.theText = 'desc'; sendChat('Supernotes', '/w gm Supernotes set to ' + state.Supernotes.sheet); break;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
"Super easy. Barely an inconvenience."
The current way for the script to show a token image in chat requires a linked character. Would it be possible to get the image for a token that doesn't have a character sheet? (like for a no-stats NPC?)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If I haven't posted an update in a few days, give me a ping. I'm trying to juggle several projects at the moment. But it should be able to do this.
Sure thing! Thanks for looking into it :)