Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Group Initiative

For the Group Initiative script, do I have to enter the following (below) into the chat for each new group of encounters before I run the group initiative macro? Or is it just one time when you first upload the script, and then can run the group init after selecting tokens and gtg? !group-init --del-group 1 !group-init --add-group --Bare initiative_bonus|current !group-init --add-group --Bare npcd_dex_mod|current
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Just one time. Then you have configured it for your game.
Great, thank you keithcurtis, much appreciated!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Just a note, in the modern world (because for character sheets, every attribute exists regardless of what type of character you're creating) only that first group is likely to ever get picked.
@ The Aaron, thanks for that!

Edited 1585345008
Noob here. Searched around and seem to be a bit confused on the use of GroupInitiative. I want to be able to grab a group of tokens, roll a d20 for each, subtracting the value of an attribute I call "Avoidance" (if they are a token attached to a character), then rank them in the tracker by lowest roll. If a new group comes along, it will do the same, but add them at the bottom of the turn order. Can I beg instruction on how to do this? Thanks in advance.

Edited 1585343484
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
One time config: !group-init --del-group 1 !group-init --add-group --negative Avoidance !group-init-config --sort-option|Ascending Then just select tokens and hit: !group-init That should do, for the most part.  You might need to add the additional tokens manually, right now there isn't an option to not sort tokens when they get added.
Thank you sir!

Edited 1585345881
Interesting enough, all selected come in at "-1", the "Rogue" (the only one with an Avoidance of 2) comes in dead last.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Run: !group-init --help and screenshot the bottom part of the output, this part:
Ah, Replace Roll was off. Now they all have "1", Rogue still last.
Bonus and roll works fine if I select each and run Groupinitiative one at a time. But not if I grab a group and run it.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Can you give me a screenshot like the one above?
Cant' get it to work at all now. Not sure what's up.
Had to reinstall script after error.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
If you hover the 2 that each thing rolled, what does it show? If you could screenshot your configuration, that would be very helpful in diagnosing the issue.
This token has no Avoidance.
What do you mean by configuration? Sorry, beginner here...
They all show the same thing.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
This: The Aaron said: Run: !group-init --help and screenshot the bottom part of the output, this part:
Individual roll. That was it. Thanks for all your help!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmmm... that should work.  If you want to PM me a join link and GM me, I can jump in and try to figure it out.
Will it remember my choices when I reopen the game?
Oddly it says Individual roll, but I had to click on it first to actually have it invoke it and DO individual rolling.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It does remember your choices.
Works like a champ now, thanks again.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Great!
I'm having an issue where when I run the script it appears to adding the entire dex score to roll instead of the mod. I'm very new at this so be please be patient and thanks for the help!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I really should fix that... Because of historical reasons, it defaults to finding an attribute named "dexterity" and adding that.  You need to configure if for your character sheet, if that's the 5e by Roll20 sheet, this probably will do it: !group-init --del-group 1 !group-init --add-group --bare initiative_bonus --tie-breaker initiative_bonus
Using the Group Int script and it's rolling the d20, but adding the stat instead of the stat modifier.  So cultist with a 12 DEX are getting +12 instead of +1.  How do I fix?  Thanks.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
The Aaron said: I really should fix that... Because of historical reasons, it defaults to finding an attribute named "dexterity" and adding that.  You need to configure if for your character sheet, if that's the 5e by Roll20 sheet, this probably will do it: !group-init --del-group 1 !group-init --add-group --bare initiative_bonus --tie-breaker initiative_bonus Like this!
Okay so I ran that thing in the chat and it gave me this and now when I type !group-init with my tokens selected it does nothing at all :/ I messed something up lol (From GroupInitiative): Updated Bonus Stat Group Ordering: (From GroupInitiative): Updated Bonus Stat Group Ordering: initiative_bonus|current + tie-breaker( initiative_bonus|current )
Actually my mistake it appears to be working adding the bonus, but it is not rolling initiative to two tokens it for every other token,
Again my mistake it was because they were already in the turn order. Thanks so much for the help seems to work great now
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Great!  There are some settings in the help if you want it to replace rolls and such: !group-init --help
Awesome. Thanks Aaron.