Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP/LFG] [CST] [PAID] [18+] GM/DM Looking for players to run games

Edited 1586361095
About me and my experience with pen & paper RPGs: I've been roleplaying for over 27+ years now, starting on the old school Basic D&D (3-5+ years), back when Elf & Halfling were a classes. At some point it transitioned into AD&D (17+ years) and it became the main focus for some years to come, spending many weekends at friends houses just doing dungeon dives. This continued some time even until after the release of 3.0 & 3.5 (2-5+ years) edition came out, we played it but it never had as much popularity. We tried 4th edition as well, but most of our group couldn't get past what they call the "mmo feel". Then came Pathfinder (5+ years), and we moved to that off & on. Over the years I've picked up most of the popular systems and some of the less popular/unknown ones including but not limited to; Anima, BattleTech A Time of War, Bushido, Conan 2d20, d20 Modern (17+ years), DC Adventures, and D&D 5e (2-3+ years), GURPS (1 year), Hero System, Legend of the Five Rings (1 year), Naruto d20 (18+ years; my homebrew), Savage Worlds, Starfinder, Star Wars (18+ years) and World of Darkness (1-2 years). I recently picked up All Flesh Must Be Eaten.   My current options for groups: I'm most familiar with the systems and the rules related to Conan 2d20, DnD 5e, GURPS,   Legend of The Five Rings, Pathfinder, Pathfinder 2e, Shadowrun and   Star Wars Saga. You can engage me for anything, but I will need the time to familiarize with the game rules again. I am always interested in reading new games and worlds. New players are most welcome. I will teach you all I know if you are willing to learn. Games will also be run through VOIP, usually through Discord. I run games from 1-4 players. !!!!Attention important notes related to the legality of things and terms of service!!!! As Roll20 makes clear and so do I. Paid GM/DMing is not something officially supported or monitored by them. You patron me through a third party website, in my case PayPal.   GAME RATES & INFORMATION : ·         Per Session (1 day in advance) : $15 ·         1-2 sessions per week ·         2-4+ hour sessions ·         Tipping : $1 minimum ·         Ala Carte : Items, Ability Adjustments, and other things can be purchased at varying amounts, please see DM for details.   ·         Game Frequency/Availability : TBD - group will discuss with DM   ·         Timezone : CST   Your payments will help me with the purchase of Roll20 subscription plans, maps, modules, rulebooks and other resources from both the Roll20 store and those that provide resources. That being said, I love to GM & roleplay and hope to keep it fun for you. It also looks like this may be my full-time/part-time job depending on how things go with my living situation, especially with the quarantine in effect and such...   Why pay for a DM/GM? What do I get out of this?  You get a stable GM/DM that is not going to drop your game for no obvious reason or because you didn't follow some obscure rule. You get a GM/DM that cares about engaging people, creating new and interesting scenarios and adventures. You get to choose the type of adventure style.  ------------------------------------------------------------------------- With all that said here is the layout plan for how things go. We make a session 0 which can take any number of hours usually 2. 1)We begin by talking what style of game people would like to play roleplay oriented or roll play oriented (more gameplay and tactics focused). 2)Then we move on to talking about what people would like to play if there isn't a clear system and setting. How familiar are people with it, where they would like to play in a setting if they have a place or time in mind? 3). Characters, basic creation, and ideas were for background stories and how they related to the group and the setting if at all.  Those are the major steps, there are a few smaller ones but all together even if they might not seem like much they take time and really help build a solid foundation for our games.
So is there something wrong with my post? I'd imagined access to any game of your choice and ability to customize the campaign would've been a sell...

Edited 1586367139
Takamatsu said: So is there something wrong with my post? I'd imagined access to any game of your choice and ability to customize the campaign would've been a sell... Enforced tipping LUL Also that slight bit of arrogance showing through in your comment isnt helping your cause.

Edited 1586417658
When did experience become arrogance? It's just me showing my age as and old early 30-ish fart who isn't new to roleplaying and most game mechanics. The only thing not mentioned is our campaigns average a good 5-11+ years. Nobody is enforcing tipping, by definition it's voluntary. It's there as a bonus however if the tipper feels I earned it. I've said nothing to the extent of how good of a GM I am or any nonsense like that, so where is this inference of arrogance coming from? I'm genuinely curious what the low response is about, are there too many options listed? I know it's not the choice of games since they all seem to be played or "LFP/LFG" in some form both PAID and Free.
usually asking to be paid is a no go for most people, usually GMs that ask to be paid tend to ask for like 5 bucks but still a lot of people are quarantined and don't have money to be spending on a DM. That's probably the main reason why you don't have many or any people biting at you. The economy is not good right now.
In fairness, I based my prices from other paid games being picked up. But you're otherwise correct, I'm not the only one affected by work or lack thereof. But I'm always willing to rework them if absolutely needed. The issue isn't that I don't have a group and can't find players or think so highly of myself; as the post states, I'm just broke and am trying to use a skill I know I can use... I'm sitting on about 80+gigs of roleplay books.
So what do you want to do? If you ask me personally, I would say just do a game for free because you enjoy the game and or have a cool story you wanna have fun with. If you want to keep the price up, then that is on you.
People who are looking to pay for games are doing so for convenience. I'm more than willing to pay for a more professional experience, espeshially when I don't have to do the heavy lifting. But to ask for 15 dollars, when you're also making the players do the mental heavy lifting, that's why no one is interested. My advice, pick a module, or a homebrew universe if  you have one, make a thread for that specifically, and have a day of the week and rough starting time. I'm paying to not have to go through the experience of picking out the adventure, or set the date and time zone and try to make my schedule fit with everyone else's and then figure out what to play. . 
Thanks for the constructive criticism, it's just in my experience that players like those options... What heavy lifting am I asking for? Put more simply, this is all I'm asking of players, which all seem like basic questions; 1- what game do you guys enjoy playing for their mechanics? 2- if said game has any published settings, do you have one in mind? 3- what style of roleplay are you looking for? half-n-half (combat / roleplay), hack-n-slash, Intrigue, Mystery etc.  Three essential questions which are asked in every session I've ever played in, or GMed myself in table groups/VOIP. I'm not trying to be rude, just answering what was said. If there is something I missed I'll certainly address it if it's not clear [seems to be the case].
If you look at the posts of people posting paid games, the ones that usually have the most responses and applications are ones where all a player has to do is check if that game fits in their schedule, and what class they wanna play. Cause the thing is, the people who want to put in effort and have a discussion on what they want to play, are usually the people who will put forth the effort to put together a group for free. The best way to appeal to people who are gonna pay, is to appeal to the busy/lazy.