Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Is there a way to have global illumination and darkness in the same map?

1585175679

Edited 1585175695
Ok, so, I'm preparing a map that starts outside and then they go into a cave, nothing weird. Is there a way to make it so there's global illumination in an area (possibly without making a "sun" token) and "normal" dynamic light in the cave area, so that only those with darkvision could clearly see?
Just place a "sun token" on the dynamic lighting layer. It simulates the light where you want it to be and the cave remains dark,
1585176464
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
You can use one super bright one for the sun, then drop in a few dimmer ones to get just the right "diffuse" lighting into the cave.. I've done that on several occasions and liked how it turned out.
Yeah I already did that in few occasions but some of my players complained about becoming laggy and/or slow to load (I don't know if it's because of their end or if it's a roll20 issue) so I asked if there was a way without that token... oh welp, I'll try to split the map when possible, thank you for your time!
1585228583
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Are you using Advanced Fog of War?  It's usually the biggest culprit for laggy light issues.  (Part of the reason it's being completely rewritten on the dev server right now)