Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

processing power for animated tokens

I've noticed that the fan on my macbook goes mental and the laptop gets hot now that I have animated tokens on the page - are they using much more processor power? it would seem odd if that is the case as they are not running from my laptop but on the roll20 server - anyone else noticed this?
1585864185

Edited 1585864320
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm not sure why people think the processing is happening server side.&nbsp; Your computer is very definitely doing the processing.&nbsp; This is why map size and complexity will cause problems for some users and not others.&nbsp; Not all hardware is equal. Edit:&nbsp; A link for info on optimization in case you are interested. <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041544654-Optimizing-Roll20-Performance" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041544654-Optimizing-Roll20-Performance</a>