Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Moldvey Character sheets still not fixed

Moldvey sheets still have not been fixed when rolling from sheet in chat box. May need to switch to another sheet if not attended to since my game is this coming Wednesday. I have no experience in modifying sheets or even how to. Tried to reach author at github but no response.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
A fix was submitted recently , that should roll out next week's update on Tuesday.
thank you Andreas J.
Gold
Forum Champion
beady eyes look around the room
Is it just me does the Intelligence title overrun the actual bonus value for anyone else?
I will cop to it, I broke the background image, and I'm trying to get it back. Sorry folks. My original goal was to build a Holmes Basic sheet and naturally looked to the Moldvay sheet as a starting point. The sheet is an older one and has code that does not match up with a lot of Roll20's Character Sheet guidelines, so I abandoned that and switched to building an OD&D sheet that has no roll sheets, as that can be used for OD&D and Holmes. But, while looking at the Moldvay sheet, I noticed the author had intended to use the font Souvenir (commented out code) as in the original and found a Google Font that was close enough, so I made the edit. I will be honest, I'm not sure how or why the edits I made had any impact on the background. Now that I am done with the OD&D sheet, I am looking more closely at the Moldvay sheet and started recoding the HTML and CSS from scratch to clean the code up, bring it up to more current Roll20 guidelines, and to make it easier to repurpose. But that is a side project and who knows how long it will take. Hoping the last change will bring back the background. Andreas J any way to revert back to the code before my changes? That would be the cleanest fix.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Malchor said: Andreas J any way to revert back to the code before my changes? That would be the cleanest fix. I think you could request to revert your previous PR, but if the new one fixes things, it shouldn't be much of a problem, right?
Andreas J. said: I think you could request to revert your previous PR, but if the new one fixes things, it shouldn't be much of a problem, right? Just rechecked in the sandbox and it worked as expected, graph paper for rolls and the old font. Sorry again to all the users of the sheet. Honestly, I had expected the pull request to be routed to the original author. If anything is Moldvay/Cook. One pet peeve. The sheet is for B/X, by Tom Moldvay, David "Zeb" Cook with Steve Marsh—Zeb and Steve are still alive and deserve credit too.
Yes i play exclusively Moldvey edition Basic D&D. I find it the cleanest version of D&D with plenty room for twisting and bending to fit my players needs. Plus it keeps its old school deadly charm and sensabilities. I find all other versions just too unbelievable with countless races and classes for adventures. Low fantasy, gritty mid-evil adventure is my thing, magic is rare and you could die from a hang nail or tooth ache in my world. Anyway thanks for the fix.
btw, you said Tuesday the fix would update, because i just checked and its still not working.Hopefully lol
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Github merges happen on Mondays, and then integrated into Roll20 on Tuesdays.  So any changes submitted over the last week aren't through the workflow for you to see any changes yet.
Confirmed.the file was merged today.
Lowe said: Yes i play exclusively Moldvey edition Basic D&D. I find it the cleanest version of D&D with plenty room for twisting and bending to fit my players needs. Plus it keeps its old school deadly charm and sensabilities. I find all other versions just too unbelievable with countless races and classes for adventures. Low fantasy, gritty mid-evil adventure is my thing, magic is rare and you could die from a hang nail or tooth ache in my world. Anyway thanks for the fix. Lowe, I was in two games in John's Borderlands campaign with you. LBBs, Holmes or Moldvay/Cook are my thing too—even when I played AD&D it was really Holmes using some of the AD&D tables.
Oh yea John was awesome, i went threw about 3 or 4 halflings in his game lol
B/X sheet is back. OD&D sheet is also up now (a few fixes already complete: typo, missing save vs. stone, textarea spacing; and some improvements: max HP, to hit line and i18n).
Gold
Forum Champion
thank you for the continuing work, care, and announcements about this