Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Linking personal token art to official Bestiary entries

1586094854

Edited 1586095126
Hello fellow (and more knwoledgeable) gamers.. I tried the (typical) searches but were either to dumb or unlucky to find a concrete answer. I´m thinking of buying the official 1st edition PF Bestiary for all the prepared infos and macros. However, I´m not a fan of the premade and linked tokens (art). So here is the idea and question: " Can I exchange or link my own (different art) token to the Bestiary entries?" "How?*" Thx in advance and Stay Healthy! *the normal way of linking tokenart to Charactersheets is known. But.. does it work with offial things?
1586097193
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
It works, but you need to keep the sheets active in your journal.  It won't replace what is in the compendium.  If you don't change the name, I know the compendium doesn't overwrite changes on the sheet (stats and attacks) when you drag out another instance of a creature you already have in your journal.  I haven't tested to see if this extends to the linked token or not, but since you would need to retain it in the journal anyway to preserve the changes, you could just drag them out from there without using the compendium at all except for the initial setup. One warning:  if you start getting a lot of sheets built up in your journal, it may cause lag in your game as the information "weight" of your game increases.  If you end up with that many creatures, you may want to think about storing them in your character vault, or upgrading to a pro subscription and using the transmogrifier to set up a bestiary game that you can transfer creatures from as needed.
Thank you!