Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[help] noob with API, trying to do collisio ndetection

Hi all -- Totally new here. I'm trying to set up collision detection using Brian Shields' script and . . . nothing is happening. I've drawn a pink line on the GM layer, given my token an assigned player who isn't me the GM (it's me on a sock puppet, don't judge), but nothing happens. I don't even know what to troubleshoot or what more to say except the above. Has anyone ever encountered this? I am just trying to make like physical obstacles in a bar that my players can't move through -- tables, the bar itself -- which isn't make-or-break. 
Welcome to Roll20! That script is pretty old, pre-Dynamic Lighting I think, and isn't up to date with the VTT's latest changes, so it's buggy. Have you double checked that the player ribbon is on the page you're testing? I think that might be needed for it to work. I've used it in the last year, I think I sometimes had to restart the API for it to work after creating a new barrier.
Thank you, Persephone. I double checked the player ribbon and still nothing. Is there another  way to create obstacles in the game world? I'm legit first time making a map and trying to learn the ropes as I go.
You can create walls in the dynamic lighting layer and set the page to restrict movement. Idk if there's a way to prevent it from blocking sight tho. Maybe set global lighting and disable enforce line of sight?