Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Default Sheet Settings - Bar values configuration not working

Edited 1586419823
Hi everyone, I haven't used Roll20 much in my life and in fact this is my first post here in this forum, so sorry if I make any mistakes. I was trying to set default bar values to speed up creature token creation, and that actually consumed two and a half hours of my time due to a problem I'm still facing. It's basically the same problem discribed in this topic:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8043879/token-bars-from-compendium-drops-not-working-correctly#newtopic" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8043879/token-bars-from-compendium-drops-not-working-correctly#newtopic</a> Therefore I'll just paste what this topic's OP said. (Since english is not my native language maybe I wouldn't be able to explain as good as OP.) "On the game settings page, it offers a nice, easy way to set the defaults for tokens being created using a compendium drop. However, despite these being the&nbsp; default settings , this does not work. Dragging a monster in from the compendium results in no such values or links. For example, when I drag in an air elemental: It properly links the character, but not the bar values. Now, I think I know the cause: When dragging a monster in, it opens a character sheet for that new monster, and creates it in the Journal. However, at time of creation, until that character sheet is closed, these are the only attributes that exist: Does anyone know how to fix this? or do I just have to deal with it myself? Note: I have seen that there are other threads on this topic, but I still haven't seen a solution and they're all over a year old." Additional info: I had the same thoughts and intuitions OP did, but then I read user&nbsp;keithcurtis' response to the original topic. He theorized this was a problem with the srd creatures. Wondering if that could be the case, I created several PCs just to test, and even the PCs tokens were not linking attributes as specified in the Default Sheet Settings. It was all blank like at the second picture. I hope someone can clarify me as to what may be the problem, If I'm just doing something wrong or if it's really a bug (and if it is I hope it can be corrected soon). Thanks for the attention.
I am having the exact same issue, and researching have lead to no solution.. for the moment i suppose it is a 3 year old bug that has not yet being adressed.
I am also having that problem.&nbsp; As Keith Curtis mentioned in the post you referenced, I believe it is linked to the free version of the SRD.&nbsp; Have you purchased the Monster Manual?&nbsp; I have the free version and after several hours researching on the net, that's the closest answer I can find.&nbsp; Would have saved me a ton of time to know that up front.&nbsp; Still not positive that is the problem, but that is the closest I could find after researching and experimenting.

Edited 1589543315
Chris said: I am also having that problem.&nbsp; As Keith Curtis mentioned in the post you referenced, I believe it is linked to the free version of the SRD.&nbsp; Have you purchased the Monster Manual?&nbsp; I have the free version and after several hours researching on the net, that's the closest answer I can find.&nbsp; Would have saved me a ton of time to know that up front.&nbsp; Still not positive that is the problem, but that is the closest I could find after researching and experimenting. Thank you both for adding to the topic, I'm yet to find a fix for this, and as I said, I don't think the SRD has anything to do with it since I have the same problem with PCs I create, so I can't imagine how buying the Monster Manual would change PCs' tokens' behavior. That being said, the only way to be sure would be buying the Monster Manual and testing if the problem persists. Which I didn't do. I hope someone can find a way to solve this issue.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Those settings only apply to creatures dropped from the compendium, so they never apply to PCs being created. So, it's worth investigating if this is a SRD issue.
GiGs said: Those settings only apply to creatures dropped from the compendium, so they never apply to PCs being created. So, it's worth investigating if this is a SRD issue. Oh, right, It's written right there, in the print I used, sorry for not noticing. So maybe it is indeed a SRD issue. Thanks a lot for clarifying what should have been obvious for me but wasn't!&nbsp;
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
We've all been caught out by that. I know I didnt realise it was compendium only for a while.