Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

About the free content in partnership with WotC

Hi team, I absolutely dig the free content in partnership with WotC. This is the way to go, to encourage people to stay home during the COVID crisis. However, Roll20 has become excruciatingly slow at times, thanks to the sudden influx of new players. Is there a way you could prioritize traffic to PRO tables?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This would be best stated in the Suggestions forum, since it would be a change to Roll20 procedure.

Edited 1587749578
No harm in debating suggestions before posting them there. anyway I think the advertisers that have paid for their spots would object to having "their" games downgraded. I addition, the slower games might not always be because of Roll20. More people than usual are online, not just here but on warcraft, netflix, feacbook etc. This puts more pressure on their ISPs. Even without that, their local network could be the bottleneck because the household is using it more. There is also a bunch of people online that usually are not so computerized, but the current crisis has made them go online. ...meaning that there probably are more people slowing down games with simpler computers, slower connections etc (because they havent prioritized it before)  Appart from that, what does WotC have to do with games getting slower?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I agree with Jens' points, but in actuality, debate is what the Suggestion forum is for . :) Anyone with a vote can cast a vote, but the forum thread is there to hash out how such a thing would be done, it's merits, the interest and so forth. Also, putting this on the Pro forum denies access to non-Pros, who should certainly have a say.
The thread title is also minimizing participation in the discussion. :-)
I am the only person on my network, and play exclusively on Roll20 when on my computer. I think that can exclude any streaming or other activities that you quoted. Jens F. said: No harm in debating suggestions before posting them there. anyway I think the advertisers that have paid for their spots would object to having "their" games downgraded. I addition, the slower games might not always be because of Roll20. More people than usual are online, not just here but on warcraft, netflix, feacbook etc. This puts more pressure on their ISPs. Even without that, their local network could be the bottleneck because the household is using it more. There is also a bunch of people online that usually are not so computerized, but the current crisis has made them go online. ...meaning that there probably are more people slowing down games with simpler computers, slower connections etc (because they havent prioritized it before)  Appart from that, what does WotC have to do with games getting slower?
Xavier D. said: I am the only person on my network, and play exclusively on Roll20 when on my computer. I think that can exclude any streaming or other activities that you quoted. Ok, but you still might have an ISP that runs slower because of the extra traffic. (and I guess you play with other people, meaning their PCs and networks might be bottle necks)