Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Quick help for a newbie

1587983184

Edited 1587983427
Hey, I'm currently working on making my first character on here. I decided on making a Barbarian and got pretty far into character creation. I used the tools in the sheet to add weapons, in this case a greatsword. Now when I click the weapon in the character sheet I get something that seems to be my hit in the chat. But for some reason I get 2 numbers, something I dont quite understand, since my lvl 3 Barbarian should only hit once. Any dmg after that is also calculated by the first number, for expample if I roll a n20 all dmg I do after that is critical. It looks like this. Maybe I'm just dumb, but I dont get the 19. As I said Im new to roll20 and also new to DnD overall, so please forgive me if I miss something obivious.
1587984008
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
By default the official 5e sheet rolls 2d20 so that advantage or disadvantage can be applied as needed without slowing down play. There are options to turn that off or use a built in query for adv/disadv. When neither applies you just use the first result (which was a crit, nice!). If the second was a crit but you didn't have advantage you'd still get the same damage result but would just ignore the + x bit.
Thanks a lot, that explains it. I also found the option to turn it off, so now Im pretty much ready to play. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!
1587986047
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You too :) Stay safe and happy rolling!