Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Comments for the 2nd Play Test Session of 05/03/20 1E/2E Prey of the Black Wolf

Post your comments on the second play test session here! The creator will be able to see it!
I thought the Goblin rats were a bit tough for 1st level in that there was always more of them at every dead end the Vistani card reading was very helpful in showing that there is more to the story than a few killings
Ok, for the 2nd Gob Rats Swarm encounter I actually upped the swarm from 5 to 7 rats solely because there is basically 2 more that the average 2-5 players in the group!  The Gob Rats have 13 hit points each and 3 attacks per round, of which I only did 1 attack from each Gob Rat. I wanted to test the Gob Rats multi-attacks but after I upped the number of rats for the 2nd encounter, I again, passed on doing it. I added in the detail of the smaller openings that gnomes could squeeze through. I also wish the mine map was done better, it's too simplistic and cartoonish and no scale to it for drawing on graph paper or for use on virtual table top. It's pretty much the same with the other maps. As I mentioned in game I went by the scale bar on the map to get from Alee-Onna's cottage to the mine and that averaged to trip to 9 hours, however, I found a blurb where the creator says it's only a 5 hour trip. The scale bars on the maps barely line up to grids or are simply off. Also the resolution of the maps need increased for sure.
For the 1e/2e session - lots of Role-playing opportunities, quite enjoyable. Only "drag"/slowdown was trying to get the Tarokka card reading to work on Role20. Also, had 4 readings done - possibly more than necessary - by that point, all the readings were saying close to the same thing, regardless of who's reading it was.
It was three readings! I should have made the Tarokka cards information as handouts (For the DM), so I could just copy / paste and being more legible easier to find. The module did recommend dealing out 3 or 4 cards at most but, as you saw the official WotC Tarokka board has spots for 5 cards, so I did not want you all to think I was Skimping! Going back to the maps, if the creator would use something like Worldographer and it's 3 modules for world, city and dungeon/building mapping while using his own artwork, it would greatly help with making the maps more functional and to scale!