Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Weekly Play Test Gaming Summary Part 2:

Thank You For Playing today's 1 st /2 nd Ed. AD&D game 05/03/2020 - From 8:15 pm EDT, until 11:00 pm EDT, and our 2 nd Ravenloft Play Test Gaming Session, goes out to:   Cleric (of Lightning) – Hairfeet Halfling – Chandry Quick-Foot - Devin M. Fighter – Dwarf – Duncan Steelbeard - Roxxifarius Ranger – High Elf - Ricardo Jamez –  Buddy-D Ranger – Human – Estrel Tol - Christopher G. Thief – Human- Izabela Castorena - Phoenix   Whom Could Not Make It Today!   ???? - Jack J.   Game Summary for Sunday (05/03/2020):   Opening Scene: Day 1: April 26; 9:00 pm:   The party, after arriving in Kellee, and meeting the town furrier Herdred, Aelswith and Onela at the Tall Mug Inn, and a father, Ruan, looking for his lost son, Lowen, and a lady, Siryule, has just left the Reeve Dominond’s Town Hall Office, greeting the town’s Priest of Choosir on the way out. Duncan and Estrel, makes their way to the Tall Mug Inn, to rest for the night.     As Duncan and Estrel, settle in and await a hot meal of goat meat stew, rye bread and mashed potatoes, a conversation about Elgin the wolf is had.   When questioned about Elgin, Aleswith responds, “ Alee-Onna, my singing girl is all twiterbated over that rapscallion. He done broke her heart. Ain't seen her this moon. She's hold up in her hoos.”   Onela, the chamber maid says, “ Don't know what she sees in em. Could av any man in Kellee, she could. Why she lets em string her alongs more than I can reckon. Shes so art broke ain't left the hoos in nigh on a fortnight. I be bringing er fresh greens and bread, sos I can check in on er every few days.”   Duncan offers to take the next basket of food trip up to see Alee-Onna for them, hoping she’ll talk about Elgin.   Onela says, “ Alee-Onna Lives a couple hours walkin' from Kellee, to the north at a cottage surrounded by an apple orchard."   Also, in the Tall Mug Inn, is Izabel Castorena, a human and thief by trade, sitting alone at a table and Ricardo Jamez the high elf ranger and Chandry Quick-Foot the hairfeet Halfling Cleric of Lightning, sitting together at another table.   When Estrel mentions how really great the stew is and ask where the meat comes from, chandry says something to them for the first time as one long sentence, “ Iimaginetheygetthemfromshepards.”   Aelswith says, “ Oh, there are herders in the outlaying farms, and they raise up some pretty healthly stock." , “ The lady herders gather at the shrine of Brigantia every morn' to gather water then do washing. It's over by the lake north of town. " , "Yea, the herders will bring flocks over by the lake to graze and drink."   Estrel asks Aelswith if the Vistani Gypsies in the bazaar come to the Tall Mug to eat and drink and she says yes, they’ll visit throughout the day when not entertaining at the bazaar.   The folks finish off their meals and then head for their rooms for the night. The following morning, some of the townsfolks are also in the Tall Mug having breakfast before going to their jobs in Kellee. Hama and his wife Offa, who run the candlemaker shop is here, along with Ruan and his son Lowen, as is Alodin, who runs a laundry shop.   As the folks sit down for a breakfast (around 6 am), of goat chops with eggs and apple cider, Estrel takes the same seat as the night before by the fireplace so he can scan both from the front to the back of the place.   When Duncan offers the others in the Inn to help them find out more about Elgin, Izabel says, “ Sure thing, Dwarf. Going to visit the songstress I take it?"   Ruan, mentions he found Lowen in the Bazaar last night.   With the mention of Elgin, Offa, Hama’s wife, ask the group what they learned about Elgin.   Hama the candlemaker says, “ Oh Elgin? He and the pretty girl who entertains here, use to come in here every couple of weeks and buy three dozen candles. They was in love you see, and candle light is the best light to look at your lover in. Well bout four moons ago he stopped coming in. Hadn’t seen her in at least two moons.” He scratches his beard and adds... “last time Aelswith, came to the shop, she was saying what a shame it was her singing girl got wrapped up with that murdering scoundrel. She can tell you more than I. I keep to my own affairs.   Hama the candlemaker, is a short man standing only five feet five inches tall. His hair and bushy beard are blond. He wears a white tunic and dark blue breeches.   Offa the candlemaker, is a woman of fairly average height and build, although she is noticeably busty. She keeps her black hair pulled back into a tight bun.   Alodin the washing woman chimes in now, “ youse all talking about that Elgin fella?! Wells I erd e owen the brotherhood a favor. Ard couple the guards saying they tot e kilt his own men. Tot the brotherhood's iding em."   Alodin is wrinkled and gray. Her left eye is covered with a pail blue cataract. She wears a shabby off-white dress, with an apron.   Offa says, “Dominond tagged him has the wolf as all the victims that Elgin is associated with has had their throats torn out, along with stab wounds, I heard.”   Duncan turns to Chandry, “ How bout you? ya wanna try to make a thousand gold?"   Chandry replies, "Aslongaswe'redoin'somethin'."   Estrel asks Alodin who the Brotherhood might be.   Alodin says, “ Eldwyn, down at da stables knows da goins on round these parts."   Estrel says, “ So he wasn't known as "The Wolf" until  after  the murders started and Dominond had to make up some eye-catching posters?"
Izabel says, “ That's a rather grizzly calling card."   Hama says, “Yep sir, that’s right.”   Duncan says, “ I wanna find out why he killed the miners, I got reasons."   Estrel says, “ And murder  never  has good reasons. Bringing a murderer to justice seems right."   Hama says, “ Heh, maybe Eofor would know more about the victims, he works the town graveyard with his son."   Estrel says, “That sounds like a great tip, sir. Our thanks."   Estrel says, "Aye, Duncan, I think there are many we should talk to, but she may be the best place to start. Shall we?"   Aelswith says, “ If you do so go see Alee-Onna, would you be so kind as to take a basket of food up to her as well?   Duncan says, “ Sure thing We’ll bring her a good meal."   Izabel says, “ It would be our pleasure.”   Aelswith says, “Oh, good, thanks fellas, i'll prep up the food stuff to take up to her, give me about 90 minutes, as I fill up the basket between customer meals."   At this point discussion is had on the next course of action after downing breakfast with Ricardo eager to get out so he can kill something, “Delivery service can kill bodies along the way.”   Estrel raises an eyebrow at the elf’s comment, but says nothing.  Izabel says, "Eh?  towards Ricardo "   Estrel says, “ Certainly. That will give us time to enjoy Vistani (gypsy) entertainment, and maybe even see the herder women or the gravedigger or Eldwyn at the stables, as you have all mentioned."   The group heads on down to the bazaar circle in front of the town hall.   The Bazaar is an open area directly in front of the Town Hall. There the Timori Road widens out into a circle about fifty feet across. Most days more than a dozen entertainers, traveling merchants, and artisans can be found there plying their trades. In a village full of color, the bazaar shines all the brighter. Tarpaulins and tents of vibrant colors protect the business that goes on under them from the gray skies above. The bazaar is a great place to find the exotic. From one day to the next there’s no telling who may set up shop here. Music and dance, oddities, fortunes, and food from faraway lands are all here to be perused and enjoyed. The bazaar is awash in vibrant color, delicious aromas, and festive music. Nearly two-dozen tents crowd the small cobblestone circle, each more intriguing than the last. An area in the north side of the Bazaar, in front of two brightly painted covered wagons, is open enough that a score of villagers have gathered to watch a lovely young Vistani woman dance. What looks to be her father and brother stand, on opposite sides of the space she is dancing in, playing a fiddle and flute. At the end of each song the audience toss copper coins at the young lady’s feet and applaud. While she is collecting the coins, a stern eyed Vistani man comes out of the back of one of the wagons and approaches you directly. He says to Duncan, “You will come with me.”, "There are others with you, yes?, They can come on inside as well!" The group aside of Estrel, whom stays outside the tent to eye the bazaar area, as he listens in), enters the tent to meet Madame Anca, whom motions to a group of stools and croaks and says, “Come in, come in. Sit down. I’ve been waiting for you.”   Izabel says, “You are?”   Madame Anca says, “I am Madame Anca, a seer of Tarokka, the young lady over there is my grand-daughter Voileta. I have foreseen your arrival here.”   Duncan says, “Is that good or bad?”   Madame Anca says, “I foresee you have a special destiny.”,  she proceeds to name each of the party, including Estrel outside, correctly.   Chandry says, "Wordspreadsfast."   Madame Anca says, “Would you all like a Tarokka card reading?”   Chandry says, “ Whatareyoucharging?"   Madame Anca says, “Three Gold pieces is my price.”, she starts with a reading for Duncan, dealing out 5 cards.   “I see a triumph over evil, I see layers of deceit that lead back to a hidden master, it is advised you stay all together as together you are strong, separate you will be picked off one by one, I see a foe that is overwhelming, and finally i see a medicine man, as one of help.” Next up is Ricardo:   “I see a great fortune buried in a mine.... I see Sir Galvin, as an aid to you.... I see a furry beast, immune to weapons.... I see an usher of death, but graveyards can be deadly to visit.... I see a priest whom is easily persuaded if appeals to his values are made, you show to him how his support of you would be good for the church.”
Next up is Izabel:   "I see unresolved conflict between good and evil, if you remain inactive evil will be victorious... I see one who has gone mad, his natural balance must be restored if he is to survive.... I see hardships and dead ends you must overcome, it may be more dangerous than you realize... I see that others search for one you seek and that they will kill him if they find him first.... I see you must beware of werebeasts as they spread lycanthropy and that is all for you.   At this point the party discusses the next course of action to take, among them being to see the priest at the temple of Choosir, and go take the basket of food to Alee-Onna.   Estrel saying, “ Playing to the priest's values is COMMERCE. Having an uncured lycanthrope associated with the town CAN'T be good for business.”     Adventure Time is now April 27th at 7:45 am.   And this ends the gaming session for the day, until next time!   The Adventurers Earned: No Experience Points awarded this session ------- Grand Total: None   Everyone is at 0 XP  Level 1 reached at 300 XP   Loot Found:     Number of Sessions for current Adventure Module: 2 nd  Session for “Ravenloft: Prey of the Black Wolf” Play Test 05/03/2020 [1st Session start was 04/26/2020]