Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ch. 3: A Visit to the Church of Choosir, The Apothecary, Stables and the Kellee Graveyard

Dungeon Master (GM): Hello all! &nbsp; Devin M.: Hoy! &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: Hi Did we end it with resting at the Inn last week? &nbsp; Phoenix: No we ended just after the last tarokka reading &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): We ended as Phoenix just noted &nbsp; Estrel Tol: Yep. Still have to go back to the Inn to pick up basket to be delivered, whenever we are ready. Though some of the reading items&nbsp; might &nbsp;indicate visits elsewhere too. &nbsp; Phoenix: How do we go about getting silver weapons in 1E/2E? I'm only familiar with 5E silvering. I think there's a chart for precious metals made into armors somewhere? Not sure if that works for weapons though. &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): yes, you had picked up on some information, of which you could even visit the graveyard and church of Choosir if you wish. &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: Typically you find them or have them made &nbsp; Phoenix: Any idea on cost? I hope it's not the same as 5E with the flat 100GP cost The cost being the exact same to silver a dagger or a greatsword makes no sense to me &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): precious metals can be made into weapons i'm sure, though their more ceremonial than for combat / daily use, due to being softer metals ha ha ha! I will likely be much more in 1e/2e! &nbsp; Devin M.: To be an effective weapon realistically, it would have to be some sort of alloy. &nbsp; Phoenix: Probably wouldn't be too bad if we only use it for lycans. Assuming it isn't too soft. &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): uh huh &nbsp; Phoenix: 1E PHB has silver arrows but that seems to be it. 2E PHB doesn't have any silver weapons in the equipment list I know. &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): they may be in a combat or player's option book though &nbsp; Devin M.: A silver mace might work quite well, actually. &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): indeed &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: Probably cheaper to have weapons coated with silver &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): uh huh &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: should be in the PHB or DMG about silver weapons &nbsp; Phoenix: I'm checking through the 2E DMG &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): <a href="http://deltasdnd.blogspot.com/2016/01/silver-weapons.html" rel="nofollow">http://deltasdnd.blogspot.com/2016/01/silver-weapons.html</a> according to that 2E removed them, though check the players option books &nbsp; Phoenix: 2E DMG Pg.37-38 does have the "Armor made of unusual metals" chart. We could&nbsp; maybe &nbsp;butcher that into making weapons of unusual metals? &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): uh huh &nbsp; Devin M.: Of course, at the time D&amp;D is generally considered to emulate, your standard kitchen knife would be made of silver. &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): Ok, guys what's the plan here? what will your next stop be?! &nbsp; Devin M.: Of course, this largely depends on the DM and the setting. &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: thinking we go to the church &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): usually the information is found in an adventure module as well yea, the church is literally right next door to the bazaar area. &nbsp; Phoenix: Church makes sense then &nbsp; Devin M.: We could deliver the basket. Where does it get delivered to? &nbsp; Estrel Tol: Upon their exit from the gypsies tent, Estrel turns to his companions and asks: "So, did she fill your head with enough trickery? Or do you believe she actually gave you any knowledge you can use? If so, what was it? &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: a cottage outside of town &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): ok i put you at the front door of the church, remember these are rough maps. This building has a triangular shape. &nbsp; Devin M.: afk &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): let me post up the description of the church. &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Better safe than sorry Estrel. We may as well trust the diviner. She mainly warned us to watch for lycans." &nbsp; Devin M.: btk &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): The Temple of Choosir is the second largest building in Kellee, being only slightly smaller than The Town Hall. Like the Town Hall it has tall stone walls, painted in a rich golden hue. The roof of the temple is what makes it really stand out from every other building in town. It is made &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): of heavy copper sheets. The copper has a thick, pale green patina that has formed over the decades the temple has stood there. The temple’s front side is about twenty-five feet wide and two stories tall. It has two bell towers, one at each of the front corners. &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "If the Witch can be trusted, she warned us about lycans, better to have silver and wolvesbane then not need i" &nbsp; Devin M.: Oslae The Apothecary, and Sir Gavin, are said to be of help on a couple of their journeys. &nbsp;
Phoenix: You know it's pretty how, given how many monsters are weak to silver, that there isn't a chart for silver weapons. I suppose you're supposed to find them like most magic weapons? &nbsp; Devin M.: Or assume that the knife is made of it (not the dagger). &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): as i mentioned that information is usually found in adventure modules that have monsters hurt by silver weapons &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Hardly a witch Duncan. She did nothing to harm or hinder us, merely a traveling gypsy." &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "I see. So after the night-time stories to scare children, you now wish to bring in the gods? Very well. I believe Duncan and I have met the head priest from this church of the gods of commerce" &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "If not a witch, then was it fancy words and card tricks she gave us?" &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): remember she also knew each of your names. &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Divination, no?" &nbsp; &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Duncan - I would say that is for you to discern. Me, I'll trust my own eyes." &nbsp; Devin M.: Informants, then. &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): heh ok, so here we are loitering in front of the church now &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "What is it that you wish to ask of this church? Or should we ask them to read tea leaves, or the flip of our coins?" &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "I dont know much bout magic, just know that it makes some sense, they come out at night not during the day, could be lycans, why not be prepared as we can be?" &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): into their coinboxes :) &nbsp; Phoenix: Man I should've written some notes for this, gotta' dig through to figure out the reason we're here again :`) &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): thus why i post up the summaries &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Very well. I would have thought we&nbsp; were &nbsp;prepared enough to deliver a basket of food, but I may be mistaken." &nbsp; Phoenix: "I see a priest whom is easily persuaded if appeals to his values are made, you show to him how his support of you would be good for the church" That's the fortune reason we're here. Although I hardly think it's time to barter with him. &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: To look for Elgin the wolf for 1000 gp killed 3 already vagrant type Bards BF &nbsp; Phoenix: We could ask Ingeld what his meeting with the Reeve was about I suppose Personally I think we should head back to the inn, assuming we've been gone for long enough, and take the food basket to Alee-Onna. She's our best lead About how long have we been gone since leaving the inn? We were supposed to head back after ninety minutes &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): definitely no more than an hour &nbsp; Phoenix: I don't suppose any of us have a time telling proficiency do we  &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: I want to stop by see the Priest and either the Apothecary or Herbalist get some wolvesbane &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): you started the day at 6am, say breakfast was an hour so it's 8am-ish &nbsp; Phoenix: What're you seeing the priest about? I think it's too early to bribe him onto our side, seeing as we don't exactly know what's going on yet &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): well, at the least you are going buy what the Tarokka reading gave you &nbsp; Phoenix: Fetching some wolvesbane wouldn't be a bad idea though Ideally &nbsp;we'd buy a silver axe or blade. But I doubt we have the coin for that. Most of us can use bows so some silver arrows wouldn't be bad either &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): something like that perhaps a blacksmith can handle...if you find silver &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: See the Priest for Hopefully Holy Water also good and then wolvesbane then take the basket &nbsp; Phoenix: A single silver arrow is a gold piece each Yeesh &nbsp; Devin M.: A short silver blade would be more practical than an axe (realistically). &nbsp; Phoenix: Izabel can buy a whopping six arrows. &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Certainly, you could convince the priest that our mission to apprehend Mr Elgin would be beneficial to the town of Kellee - as stories of a serial killer (especially one names "The Wolf") can't be good for business and trade with this town." &nbsp; Phoenix: Eh, I'm not sure the dwarf would want a short sword. &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "What's the priest got to offer us though? Wolvesbane? We hardly need that to apprehend a murderer." &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: Duncan wants a silvered axe
Dungeon Master (GM): only one way to find out what a church could offer in a hunt for a possible werewolf... &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Lets just see what he has to offer besides holy water if nothing then dont bother going back" &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Fair enough. After you, Duncan." &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): ok, you go up to the double doors and they are open so you walk right in. &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: Yes &nbsp; Phoenix: 10/10 on Caim, he's pretty cute looking. &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Takes up the same stance outside the temple as he did outside the gypsies tent and awaits the return of his group &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger engages in serious "people watching" of those in town that might look suspicious, etc. &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): Caim says, "Good morning folks!" what can I do for you today!, "Waland, Look we have us some fvistors!' Waland, "Oh Hello there! folks!" Caim says, "So what can we do for you folks today? An offer to the church would be of assistance." &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Greetings. We're traveling around town getting acquainted. This is a church to Choosir, yes?" &nbsp; Devin M.: Where am I? are we on the map? &nbsp; Phoenix: Currently at a church, and you're just above Estrel on the map &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "We are looking into this Elgin the wolf fella, wondering if you can tell us anything that may be useful?" &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): by the way, you note that they wear the same style robe as the priest you saw last evening. only difference is that there are no coins sewn into the robes. Waland says, "Ah! Elgin you say! So you Took up the offer from the Reeve?" &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "We'vewordofpossiblemanbeastsanyadvicedoncombattingthem?" &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "anywordoncombattingthem." &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): Caim says, "I will take you to Ingeld, he is the high priest of this temple and he would like to see Elgin brought to justice." Caim says, "Let me fetch him for you" &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Thank ya, be glad to meet him" &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): he leaves and a few moments later arrives with Ingeld whom recognizes the two fellows from last evening at the Reeve's office &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Nice to meet ya agin" &nbsp; Ingeld High Priest Of Choosir The Human Cleric Says, "Good Morning Folks! I am told you are going to seek out Elgin? Is that right? I see two of you, I have seen last evening at the town hall." &nbsp; Ingeld High Priest Of Choosir The Human Cleric Says, "My time here is money, if you make an offer to the church I can assist you to rid of this Elgin, as his murdering spree is having a dire effect on Kellee's commerance." &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "That'd be correct. We're looking for Elgin together." &nbsp; Ingeld High Priest Of Choosir The Human Cleric Says, "That is good to hear that folks are being brave to seek out anwsers here and for that I shall pray for you all when time permits." &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "We have reason to believe he may be infected with lycanthropy and were hoping you might have some way to aid us against that. Perhaps we could cure him of it?" &nbsp; Ingeld High Priest Of Choosir The Human Cleric Says, "Yes, I may have a little something for you for the right price I can put something together for you that may assist in your quest. Yes, Lycanthropy is said to be curable, yes." &nbsp; Devin M.: Interestin tidbit, the ‘wer’ in werewolf is from the Old English word for man. &nbsp; Ingeld High Priest of Choosir: cool &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "What kind of price would you be looking for?" &nbsp; Ingeld High Priest Of Choosir The Human Cleric Says, "It is whatever fair price you can afford my friend."
Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "Whatdoyouthinkwecanafford?" &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Yeah, we've not much in the way of coin right now." &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): [just name whatever price you are willing to part with] &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Duncan sighs shakes his head, "Lemme spell it out fer ya Priest, If we be dealin wit a Lycan all the money in the world not gonna help ya if the whole town is a lycan or dead &nbsp; Phoenix: Literally my best offer is something like two gold, a candle, and two sticks of chalk. &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "Well..." &nbsp; Ingeld High Priest of Choosir: [if that is what you wish to give the church then go ahead and tell him!] &nbsp; Phoenix: There is&nbsp; no &nbsp;way this guy is going to give us anything worthwhile for two gold and a couple odds and ends &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Hands over 5gp &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief looks in pouch &nbsp;"I can offer you... two gold, a dagger, and a couple sticks of chalk and a candle. That's about it." &nbsp; Ingeld High Priest Of Choosir The Human Cleric Ingeld politely accepts the 5 gold coins from Chandry &nbsp; &nbsp; Ingeld High Priest Of Choosir The Human Cleric Says, "Bless you fellow Halfling, Do you have a name? I will assist you in this hunt for Elgin by creating for you 3 magic stones, six goodberrys and I can cast a continual light spell upon an object of your choosing." &nbsp; Phoenix: Wow. He suddenly went from a greedy guy to a nice fellow. &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "Chandryanduponthislantern." &nbsp; Ingeld High Priest Of Choosir The Human Cleric takes the lantern from Chandry &nbsp; &nbsp; Ingeld High Priest Of Choosir The Human Cleric Says, "Thank you chandry, now if you excuse me, I will create the items for you. If you come back in an hour they should be ready, even though i have other matters to attend to." &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "Thankyou." &nbsp; Ingeld High Priest Of Choosir The Human Cleric Says, "You are welcome!" Ok what is next for the party? &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "DoyouknowwherewecanfindOslaeTheApothecary?" &nbsp; &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "Apothecary" &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): you can visit the graveyard or where ever else in Kellee &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: Herbalist or Apothecary? &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "OraSirGalvin?" &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): ah you wish to go there looking where the apothecary is &nbsp; Ingeld High Priest Of Choosir The Human Cleric Says, "Oh the apothecary is just two blocks from the church on the avenue behind the church, just turn left out the door, then turn left at the first street off the Timori, go to it's end then turn righ. go straight and continue past the street that goes down from behind the town hall, then past the town hall until you come to the next stree that turns left, go down that street until you see the sign on the last building, that's the one. " ok so yep, you got it! &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): Well then, we're off &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): The apothecary’s shop is almost directly in the center of Kellee. It is not far from the Reeve’s house. The building itself is very much like many of the other buildings in the village. It has the same whitewashed wattle and dob walls, and the same stick thatched roof. Even the shop’s size is &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): unremarkable. It’s a single story and only about twenty-five feet wide and thirty-five feet long. A wooden shingle shaped like a mortar and pestle hangs above the door to let visitors know what kind of shop it is.
Duncan Steelbeard: Get some wolvesbane &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "So did the man of the cloth tell you anything more than the gypsy? Anything USEFUL?" &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): As you enter inside the shop is filled with amber light provided by several oil lamps. Fully half of the shop lies beyond a counter &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Well the gypsy certainly knew all our names without asking for them." &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "He told us, gimme money and I'll help ya" &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "As for the priest he's making Chandry a glowing lantern and some magical stones and berries." &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "Tellno,heispreparingmagic" &nbsp; &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "stones,goodberries&amp;continuallight" &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Interesting... and none of us have stated our names elsewhere in town, where rumors run rampant? But still, definitely INTERESTING." &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Magic's a strange thing." &nbsp; Oslac The Apothecary Says, "Ah! Greetings Folks, what can Oslac do for you this fine morning?!" &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "True, Izabel, very true. So what is our next move?" &nbsp; &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "We're searching for some wolvesbane, lest we all turn into lycans ourself." &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "G' Day I be looking fer suff to help against a Lycan or two?" &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Surprisingly, Estrol does walk into the Apothecary and immediately begins to scan the "goods" visible here, and compares them to his knowledge of wild plants, etc. &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): the shop is filled with jars of hard candy on one side and bins of dried herbs on the other. you also note all kinds of jars of stuff behind the counter Oslac is a wizened man, scrawny, and bent by age. What little hair he &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): has left on his head is stringy and gray. &nbsp; Oslac The Apothecary Says, "Says, Ah, wolfbane, yes I have stocked up on that, and it flies off the shelf, no doubt since the rumors about Elgin the wolf!" &nbsp; &nbsp; Oslac The Apothecary Says, "The wolfbane will cost you 4 silvers" &nbsp; Oslac The Apothecary Says, "is there anything else you would like today? Need something for ailments? for first aid? Have a sweet tooth that needs satisfied?" &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "And what are you telling your customers this plant will do for them?" &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Pays the 4 silver &nbsp; Oslac The Apothecary Says, "Ah, folks believe wolfsbane will keep those with a lycanthropy affliction away at night." &nbsp; &nbsp; Oslac The Apothecary Says, "scraps the coins from the counter and says, "Thank you sir dwarf." &nbsp; &nbsp; Oslac The Apothecary goes to retrieve the wolfsbane and places it on the counter in front of Duncan.
Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "I understand. Are you telling them to EAT it? WEAR it? Hang it over their doorways an windows?" &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): you note that his hand shakes as he places the wolfbane on the counter. &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): Don't suppose he has diabetes does he? Can that even be diagnosed? &nbsp; Oslac The Apothecary Says, "Ah! I would not eat wolfsbane unless you wish to be vomiting with nausea, and get diarreah!" &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: Duncan puts his hand on top of slac's hand and presses it down onto the wolvesbane to see if hes a lycan &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "So we should be able to identified the "scared" by them wearing this plant you have sold them?" &nbsp; Oslac The Apothecary Says, "this stuff can even cause the heart to go wild! so no i would not recommend consumming the stuff, it is to be worn or placed around where you are dwelling." &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us, good sir. Hopefully, you have nothing to be nervous about." &nbsp; &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Monsters are not mere fairy tales Estrel, I'd assume a woodsman would know this." &nbsp; Oslac The Apothecary Says, "Yes, it's mostly out of towners that come here to buy the stuff a lot of folks in the town and outlaying areas grown it for themselves as well." &nbsp; &nbsp; Oslac The Apothecary Says, "So is that all for today? No candy or first aid ointment or cures for ailments?" &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "DoyouknowofaSirGalvin?" &nbsp; Oslac The Apothecary Says, "Elgin, was always a problem, even before he started killing folk. But the last few moons he’s turned lunatic. After his friends, it was only a week before he killed again. He busted in on Forda and Wolfgar, when they was sleeping. Tore out Wolfgars throat. He had a club in his hand when they found his body laying in the kitchen; damn lot of good that club did him. He must of finished off Wolfgar in a flash, cause Forda didn’t get far. Torr told me they found her not thirty paces from her front door, face-down in the grass, with the back of her head bashed in. The worst of it is, that Elgin would do such a thing after all they had done for him. Wolfgar had told me that he and Elgin had an agreement." &nbsp; &nbsp; Oslac The Apothecary Says, "The wolf and his boys could put up for the night in his barn, whenever they wished. In exchange they would leave Wolfgar, Forda, and their farm be. That seems to be his pattern, he’s turned on everyone he was cozy with before he went off his nut. Everyone that is, but the singing girl from the Tall Mug. Of course, she’s probably next. Damn fool girl should move into town. She’s asking to get killed way out there where no one can here if she screams for help.”" &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "And you have&nbsp; SEEN &nbsp;the monsters from these tales, Izabel? And the ones you have seen, they ONLY attack the men in a house? And they are easily identified as not being human during the day?" &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Any idea what the agreement was?" &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): So who exactly has Elgin killed so far? Wolfgar and Forda are miners? &nbsp; Oslac The Apothecary Says, "I have no idea what their agreement was, sorry." &nbsp; &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Wait, so you say Elgin (or at least it is believed it is Elgin) killed the wife as well? We were told only the men of the farms had been killed." &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): [Wolfgar and Forda are farmers i beilieve] &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "Thesinginggirlisprobablytheoriginalwerewolf." &nbsp; &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "werewolf." &nbsp; Oslac The Apothecary Says, "I would thik Eofor the town's undertaker would know about Elgin's Victims." &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "I think something in the silver mine turned him into a werewolf." &nbsp;
Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "Hasthesinginggirlbeen" &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "spottedinthemine?" &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "I believe we NEED to speak to this Eofor next. Anyone disagree? Sir, where might we find the undertaker?" &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Do you per chance know where we could find Eofor?" &nbsp; &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "OrSirGalvin?" &nbsp; Oslac The Apothecary Says, "I would not know if Alee-Onna visted the Candlestick Moutain mine, sorry." [Ok, I think Sir Galvin is a bit of an opps here] [he is not in the current module] &nbsp; Devin M.: + &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): [The fortunes are written in such a way that it gives details that only the DM should/would know!] anything more for the apothecary? If done here? Where does the party go next? &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): Does he know where Eofor is? &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: Where is the Undertaker? &nbsp; Oslac The Apothecary Says, "Eofor works at the graveyard East of town, it's visible right off the Timori road, did you folks come into town from the east? you likely saw it!" &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "Doyouknowsomeonewhocansilverweapons?" &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "weapons?" &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): [You did arrive into town from that direction and yes you would have seen the gates to the cemetry] Oslac The Apothecary Says, "Silvered weapons you say, hmm, the town's blacksmith at the stables next to the Tall Mug, ought to be able to silver a weapon for you, ask him!" &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: BRB &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): ok &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): In the interest of being time efficient, we should probably quickly see the blacksmith first. On the way to the graveyard we can pick up the items from Ingeld and the basket of food. &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "Thanks!" &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): It was an hour from talking to Ingeld that he'd have the items and an hour and a half from talking to inn keeper that she'd have the basket ready. &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Thank you for the information Oslac." &nbsp; Oslac The Apothecary Says, "You folks are welcome! Have a good day now!" &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Thank ye you have a good day" &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): and we are off to? stables and tall mug? &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): Stables, then Church and Tall Mug. If the food can wait we should visit the undertaker before delivering it as it'll take a couple hours to deliver. I don't want to bring the food though a graveyard &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: undertaker is on the way to deliver the food &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): He is? I suppose we can do it together then. &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "Keepitcovered." &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): actually no, you would be heading north from the town to see Alee-Onna, the graveyard is just east of Kellee &nbsp; Estrel Tol: One of us can stay outside the graveyard with the food until we are ready to be on the road. Even better. :) &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): That works &nbsp; Devin M.: + &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): I'm sure Ricardo wouldn't mind holding onto the basket for us. &nbsp;
Dungeon Master (GM): The Stable is a large building, about fifty feet by thirty feet. It is wattle and dob like most of the buildings in the village. Unlike most of the rest of Kellee, the stable is not whitewashed. Its walls are light brown. The stable is just across the Timori Road from the Tall Mug Inn. &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: Good idea Ricardo can carry the basket &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): are you entering the stables? &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: yes &nbsp; Eldwyn The Groom Says, "Ah! Hello There Folks! How may I help you today? Do you have horses that need filed and new shoes? do they need a wash and trim?" &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "We be here to ask about silvered weapons, no horses" &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "We may need some horses later, but for now just silvering." &nbsp; Eldwyn The Groom Says, "Ah, I see, I don't have any for sale, however I can coat your weapons with silver if you supply me the silver I would need." Eldwyn normally wears tan breeches and a brown doublet. &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Thank you. Are you charging for it or do we simply just need to bring the silver?" &nbsp; &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger will walk from horse to horse and inspect their health and well-being. (Using his "adept with animals" skill should any of them be skittish &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Where is a good place to get this silver?" &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "Ithinkhemeanscoinswilldo," &nbsp; Eldwyn The Groom Says, "yes, just a small fee of 4 silvers per dagger, arrow tips are 2 silvers, long swords are 2 electrums pieces" &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "buttheminemighthavesome." &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "I imagine most of the silver would've been taken by Elgin, but it would be worth a check." &nbsp; Eldwyn The Groom Says, "Oh sorry i will not melt money!" &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "How much for my axe?" &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Smelting coins is illegal isn't it?" &nbsp; Eldwyn The Groom Says, "So what are you folks in town for?" &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger turns and chuckles when he hears Izabel speak of illegalities. &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "Notifit'scounterfeit." &nbsp; Eldwyn The Groom Says, "Heh, yes, i would imagine Dominond and especially Ingeld would frown on melting down minted coins!" &nbsp; Eldwyn The Groom Says, "an axe is 1 electrum" &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Silvering an axe would cost the same as a longsword I assume?" &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "How much for my axe and where would we find the silver?" &nbsp; Eldwyn The Groom Says, "oh yea, a big two-handed battle axe is two electrum" &nbsp; Devin M.: 1 Electrum = 5 Silver, I believe. &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): Yep So 1 Gold per long weapon
Eldwyn The Groom Says, "Well, there is the Candlestick mine, the dwarves ran, until the owners got murdered." [will any of you mention why you are in town to Eldwyn?] &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Were after this Elgin the Wolf" &nbsp; &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "Whatdoyouknowofmanbeasts" &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "?" &nbsp; Eldwyn The Groom Says, "Eh, so, good! you took up the Reeve's offer then?" &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Yes" &nbsp; Eldwyn The Groom Says, "Man beasts? well, the townsfolks here believe Elgin is one for sure due to the nature of the murders, i understand." &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fghter Says, "Yes and we are trying to be prepared for whatever happens" &nbsp; Eldwyn The Groom Says, "The last time I saw that scum, he shorted me a silver. He spurred his horse and yelled over his shoulder. Don’t worry I’ll have more silver than I’ll know how to spend when next we meet. He tore out of town and turned north, off the Timori Road, toward the mountains. That’s the last I seen of him." &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "I imagine that was shortly before raiding the mine and becoming infected." &nbsp; Eldwyn The Groom Says, "Heh, you see I have a crush on Alee-Onna myself, but the bastard, got her first, darn it." &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): Eldwyn is working with an evil organization and turned Elgin so he could have Alee-Onna. Calling it. &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): [do any of you remember something the laundry lady at the Inn told you this morning at breakfast?] [that would be Alodin] &nbsp; Devin M.: Prince Ali? &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: No idea &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): ok, let me look up what see said &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): Owed a favor to a brotherhood Alodin The Washing Woman The Says, "youse all talking about that Elgin fella?! Wells I erd e owen the brotherhood a favor. Ard couple the guards saying they tot e kilt his own men. Tot the brotherhood's iding em." &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): ok here is what she said: “youse all talking about that Elgin fella?! Wells I erd e owen the brotherhood a favor. Ard couple the guards saying they tot e kilt his own men. Tot the brotherhood's iding em." &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: The Brotheredhood are Lycans &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): "You all talking about that Elgin fella? Well I heard he owed the brotherhood a favor. Heard couple of guards saying they that he took to killing his own men. ..." Not sure what the last sentence is &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: bro hood hiding him &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): ok i thought she mentioned that the stable guy would know more, someone was to say that. &nbsp; Estrel Tol: Alodin the washing woman chimes in now, “youse all talking about that Elgin fella?! Wells I erd e owen the brotherhood a favor. Ard couple the guards saying they tot e kilt his own men. Tot the brotherhood's iding em." &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): yes she did say that: “Eldwyn, down at da stables knows da goins on round these parts." &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): Can we get a translation for "Tot the brotherhood's iding em" Told the brotherhood's hiding him? &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): heh, that is in the module I thought the Brotherhood is Hiding him. I was told the brotherhood .... &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Do you know anything about a "brotherhood" Eldwyn?" &nbsp; Eldwyn The Groom Says, "Ya he and that lot were thick for sure, Once I saw him cross the way, next to the mug, trying to act like he was just standing there, while he and Sheply were signaling to and fro with nods and winks. Sheply’s the grave digger. You can be certain the wolf kept him plenty busy. Scum, the pair of um." &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "The Brotherhood is a local gang I take it?" &nbsp; Eldwyn The Groom Says, "yes, that that are." that they are any more conversation with the horse groomer?
Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Thank you for your time Eldwyn. We best be off now, unless anyone else has any questions?" &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter shakes his head "G Day to ya" heads outside &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): ok, where to next? &nbsp; Devin M.: Bed? &nbsp; Eldwyn The Groom Says, "Have a good day folks!" &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): An hour or so has passed by now since leaving the church I take it? &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): with the tall mug right across the street you can go there to see if the basket of food is ready &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: Has it been about an hour? since we left the church &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): yea Phoenix &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): We can grab the food first I suppose. Quicker. Get the basket, then equipment from the church, then head over to the graveyard. &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: Sounds good &nbsp; Estrel Tol:  &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): See what we can learn from Eofor and Sheply &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: Might have to talk with me ax hehe &nbsp; Aelswith The Innkeeper Says, "Hello There! I see you are back! I have the basket ready for you, let me fetch it!" &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Yeah, thats what we came for" &nbsp; Aelswith The Innkeeper Goes to the back and grabs a prepared basket of food and places it on the counter top, tells Onela to hand it to one of you. &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Takes the basket from Onela &nbsp; &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Thank you" &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "I'll take it from ya Miss" &nbsp; Onela The Chamber Maid Says, "Onela walks over to the nearest adventure, Duncan and hands him the basket. There is a map inside the basket showing you where Alee-Onna's cottage is." &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): We've got wonderful timing  Off to the church then &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): ok &nbsp; Devin M.: + &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Walks outside hands the basket to Ricardo "There ya be" &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): Got some dopplegangers runnin' about &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Charismatic Halflings first" &nbsp; Caim the Human Adept of Choosir Says, "ah good you have come back, I believe Ingeld has your items ready for you let me fetch them!" &nbsp; &nbsp; Caim the Human Adept of Choosir Goes off somewhere to fetch the newly enchanted items for the party. &nbsp; &nbsp; Caim the Human Adept of Choosir comes back a few moments later with the items and hands the lantern to Chandry. &nbsp; &nbsp; Caim the Human Adept of Choosir Says, "Who wants the goodberrys? and who wants the magic stones?" &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "Thankyou!"
Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Give them all to the halfling or the dwarf" &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "I'll take the stones" &nbsp; Caim the Human Adept of Choosir Hands the other items to those whom asked for them. &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "I'll take the goodberries" &nbsp; Caim the Human Adept of Choosir Says, "May you be blessed to find this Elgin and end the murderous spree!" &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Dont eat them all or you'll be eatin these rocks after" &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): heh [off to the grave yard? &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Of course I won't!" &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: Yes &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): Yep How many good berries are there? I think there were three stones? &nbsp; Devin M.: 6 goodberries &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): The graveyard is about three hundred yards east of Kellee, on the north side of the Timori Road. It is nestled in a hollow between two spurs that extend down from a ridge. The graveyard Has a wrought iron fence some ten feet high. Lining the front of the graveyard are the mausoleums of the &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): few wealthy families who live in the village &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: Gate easy to open? &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): yea 3 stones and 6 goodberries &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: Duncan puts the stones in his pack &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): ok, beyond the gate yo see a tall lean bald fellow, leading a donkey drawn cart with a coffin on it over to what you see is a freshly opened grave, that a younger fellow is standing over with a shovel in hand. do you enter the cemetry? &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: Yes &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): Everyone but Ricardo will go in Unless someone else also wants to stay outside &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: nope ricardo holds the basket &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): ok do you approach the fellow with the cart or go to the fellow with the opened grave? &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): Cart first, he's closest &nbsp; Estrel Tol: Are the two pinkish rectangles the mauseleums? Only 2? (and they are HUGE) &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): they appear to be yes, though one has a regular door, the other a much more sturdy one ok, you approach, a tall, slim man with a bald head. He has a long nose and sunken eyes. He wears black knickerbockers with a white shirt tucked into them. Over his shirt he has a jacket that is the same color as his knickerbockers. The tight-fitting black jacket he wears makes &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): him look almost skeletally thin. &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: I dont think the old guy knows anything thinking its the young guy that is was in the brotherhood &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Excuse me, are you Eofor? We were wondering if you could give us any details on the victims of Elgin the Wolf. We have heard many conflicting stories." &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Eofor The Undertaker Says, "Hello folks! Ah yes, I am Eofor, how may I help you all?" &nbsp; &nbsp; Eofor The Undertaker Says, "Ah, details you say, alright, as my son and I have buried his victims, yes." &nbsp; &nbsp; Eofor The Undertaker Says, "I'm am not sure I should tell you these details out of respect for the dead and their famiies though." &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "That is understandable. Maybe some non-specific details. Like "how many in the last month? All men? Women? Families?"
Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Well I'm sure the other familes would appreciate it. We're trying to hunt down Elgin before he murders any more." &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Knowing the details would help us in getting Elgin to justice, how he killed them, if it was him" &nbsp; Eofor The Undertaker Says, "Hunt him down you say? Are you doing this for yourselves? Are any of you related to any of the victims?" &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Are you not aware of the bounty placed by the Reeve for Elgin the Wolf's capture?" &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Naw were not related" &nbsp; Eofor The Undertaker Says, "So are you hired hands?" &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "We're not after the money, simply trying to help." &nbsp; Eofor The Undertaker Says, "I see, interesting." &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Leaving a town to slowly get massacred by a beast would be a terrible thing to do." &nbsp; Eofor The Undertaker Says, "yes indeed it is, my lady." &nbsp; &nbsp; Eofor The Undertaker ponders for a moment on letting the party see the information he has on the deceased. [anything more to add here?] &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "So Shepley, Can ya tell us anything about the Brotherhood?" &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): Sheply the gravedigger, looks like a younger healthier version of his father. He has thin light brown hair that hangs down in his eyes and to his shoulders in the back. He is not as thin as his father. His arms are well defined. They can be seen bulging under his jacket sleeve &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "I see 5 recent graves. Are ALL of them attributed to "The Wolf"? Were there any more entombed in the mauseleums?" &nbsp; Eofor The Undertaker Says, "All of the victims are buried here." &nbsp; &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "Couldyoureferusto" &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): [someone can say something more here, maybe he'll still let you see the info] &nbsp; Chandry Quick-Foot The Hairfeet Halfling Cleric Of Lightning Says, "thefamilies?" &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "All of these were farmers? Brought back into town for burial?" &nbsp; Eofor The Undertaker Says, "yes, the farmers are buried here." &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "All five were farmers, including Forda and Wolfgar?" &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): [try to better convince him to see the info, he may be just thinking you all are just folks forming a band.] &nbsp; Eofor The Undertaker Says, "yes, that is correct" [double checking that statement yes farmers &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "Ah thank you. We've heard conflicting statements on whether the passed were farmers or miners." &nbsp; Eofor The Undertaker Says, "Did someone hire you to deal with Elgin?" &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Any more that may have been victims? maybe had the same wounds or died the same way?" &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "How did you first learn the farmers were dead? Especially Forda and Wolfgar, if both died the same night with no one to come tell you about them?"
Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "No one has hired us. We're simply acting out of good will." &nbsp; &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "We've all, for one reason or another, drifted into town." &nbsp; Eofor The Undertaker Says, "So you have not seen the Reeve about this matter?" &nbsp; Izabel Castorena The Human Thief Says, "No, we've not." &nbsp; &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Ahem, some of us have" &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): [are you lying to him or just forgot that you did see Dominond the reeve?] &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): All you had to do was stay quiet  &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): ok yea right Estrel and Duncan have see the reeve &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): Izabel hasn't seen the Reeve. Only Estrol and Duncan I believe? &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Duncan and I have met with the Reeve, and gathered information on the bounty" &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Is that a problem?" &nbsp; Eofor The Undertaker Says, "I see, now that I know this business has an official stamp of approval from the reeve, follow me to my office for a moment, please and make haste as we are busy here." &nbsp; Estrel Tol The Human Ranger Says, "Certainly. Thank you for your help" &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): Oh, thank god you did speak up &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): well ok i wanted to hide the two buidling for am moment but now i have to turn on the fog of war so hold on &nbsp; Estrel Tol: Is this a good place to stop for the night? I have an early meeting at work in the morning. I'll hang on if that makes the most sense... &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): the door is made entirely of thick wrought iron the small room feels almost cozy, with its plush couch, for visitors to sit on. Eofor’s desk, chair, and bookcase take up most of the back side of the room. A door leading to the embalming room is in the rear &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): left corner of the room. that should read rear right corner &nbsp; Devin M.: I'm good for stopping here. &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): We can probably stop here. Got a good three hours of investigating done. &nbsp; Estrel Tol: I'd appreciate that. We can pick up in the office next Sunday? &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): He goes to his desk, opens a ledger, and begins to read from it, “It was four months five days ago that Elgin’s gang was brought in. They numbered seven in total. All of them had their throats torn out, as well as being stabbed, by a sword like the one Elgin is known to carry. This is &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): actually something that is common to all but one of Elgin’s victims.” ok we can stop here of course yes &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: Sounds good &nbsp; Devin M.: Goodbye/goodnight everybody. &nbsp; Estrel Tol: Thanks gang. Gotta get my "beauty rest". See you in a week! &nbsp; Phoenix (Izabel): Good night o/ &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): ok we shall continue from here next week, Thank you all for playing tonight! &nbsp; Duncan Steelbeard: G night