Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Group Initiative] - All messages from the Script are doubled.

I'm trying to use a few API scripts frot he first time. So I installed Group Initiative. But when I execute any commands I'm getting all messages from the script twice. !group-init --del-group 1 and the response is: (From !group-init --del-group): Please specify one of the following by number: Bonus Stat Groups (From !group-init --del-group): Please specify one of the following by number: Bonus Stat Groups It is not breaking anything but it is a little bit messy. Have I skipped something in configuration? Thanks!
Scott M.
Pro
Sheet Author
This is happening to me starting today too. Didn't change anything in scripts that used to run once. All of a sudden, everything runs twice. I have disabled and re-enabled scripts. I have cleared browser cache.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
That's really bizarre.  Are you on the Prod or Dev Server?  Also, what happens if you disable GroupInitiative and try to run a group-init command?  This sounds like you have two sandboxes running for the game, which is an occasional bug I see.  You can try exiting the game for 20 minutes and come back to see if when you restart the API you only have one set of output?
The Aaron said: That's really bizarre.  Are you on the Prod or Dev Server?  Also, what happens if you disable GroupInitiative and try to run a group-init command?  This sounds like you have two sandboxes running for the game, which is an occasional bug I see.  You can try exiting the game for 20 minutes and come back to see if when you restart the API you only have one set of output? Prod. I tried to disable it and did group init. Nothing happen. Enabled it back after exiting a game. Messages are still doubled. Disabled it for now. Will try again in 20 minutes.
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Messages seem to be doubled for all scripts. Even the "Restarting sandbox due to script changes..." message is doubled.
Scott M.
Pro
Sheet Author
I definitely have two sandboxes running. I see two of each API console message. Do you think the waiting 20 minutes thing will resolve that?
Not only is it doubling the messages, it's also doubling the actions. I use the Token Action Maker API script which will create token actions for the selected token. If I run the create a initiative token action it runs it twice and when I select the token two initiative buttons appear.
Hey folks -  Apologies for the trouble! These issues should be resolved now. If you run into any more problems, please let me know. Thank you!
Fixed for me. Thank you for your hardwork!