Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFM][LFP][D&D 5e][Dark Sun][F2P] Discord Server Dedicated to Dark Sun in D&D 5e

Edited 1594353827
I have a small but growing discord server that is dedicated to running  multiple weekly one shots  and  hopefully sometime soon , a full on west marches campaign and multiple weekly standard campaigns in the  Dark Sun Campaign Setting that has been converted to D&D 5e.   Currently characters start at level 9 and can be played over multiple one shots. Characters can keep any treasure they receive from one shot to one shot and we even have a modified leveling system for one shot characters. We have multiple DMs and the server population is literally global with varied game times to suit different time zones. The platform for the games is a combination of Roll20 (free to sign up and use as a player) and Discord (voice is required).  The server is 18+ preferred  and dedicates itself to having a community that is  welcoming of ALL people (LGBTQIA+ and BIPOC inclusive) . Everyone is welcome, server population is not an issue. Anyone who has any interest can  friend me on discord, my discord is DillonDND#5228. Some  testimonials  from members on the server as well as past and present players in my games: Click Here! I am also probing for anyone who would like to Co-DM or Co-Manage the discord server with me. I have already converted Dark Sun to D&D 5e including the unique monsters, the rules for defiling, non-metal equipment, class changes, etc. The conversion is inspired mostly from both the 2e and 4e versions but also takes inspiration from other source material. I have also spent 1000's of hours completely populating the city of Tyr with shops and npc's, etc. The only thing I am looking for from the "Co-DMs" is the occasional map building, someone to bounce ideas off of, and someone who can occasionally run their own "one-shot" or "adventure". I will provide all of the roll20 assets via the Co-DMing feature and VTT,  and I have converted all my books into pdfs to share the source material. DM me on Discord if interested. DillonDND#5228 Anyone interested in an overview of the Dark Sun Campaign Setting can watch this youtube playlist:   Dark Sun Info This is a continuation of this thread that was closed for being on the forums for more than 2 months: Old Thread
This is the absolute BEST place to be for good atmosphere, good company, and and good times!
this is the best and most awesome DS server!!

Edited 1589909389
I have really learned a lot about D&D 5e and Dark Sun. The people on the server are so nice and helpful, they are very welcoming to new players.
Yoooo, had this sweet one shot the other day. Made me and everyone else laugh a lot. The DM was doing these mad funny voices, omg I was crying, I was laughing so hard. You gotta get in on this! 
Man did I get excited when I saw this post. I used to DM Dark Sun for my friends in high school when it first came out. Never got to be a player though. Read all the novels and most of game books in the past 6 months and am itching to play. That being said I am not ready to join yet since I only joined Roll20 (and only discovered online D&D) yesterday and never even looked at any 5ed material. Would you ever do a 2ed Dark Sun? If not I hope this is around for awhile so after I've figured out how to play on Roll20 and have played a few 2ed game sessions I can get myself a 5ed PBH and give this a try.
Mike B said: Man did I get excited when I saw this post. I used to DM Dark Sun for my friends in high school when it first came out. Never got to be a player though. Read all the novels and most of game books in the past 6 months and am itching to play. That being said I am not ready to join yet since I only joined Roll20 (and only discovered online D&D) yesterday and never even looked at any 5ed material. Would you ever do a 2ed Dark Sun? If not I hope this is around for awhile so after I've figured out how to play on Roll20 and have played a few 2ed game sessions I can get myself a 5ed PBH and give this a try. We welcome new players to 5e and Roll20, in fact we help people with both regularly. Send me a friend request on discord, if you are willing to take the time to learn, we are willing and able to teach!

Edited 1590014979
This is a psudo west marchers style server and it's fun

Edited 1590248394
We are about to release a cool new arena style format for new players and DMs. COME CHECK IT OUT!
On this server you can learn how to DM with the help of others
Visit the discord server with custom emojis and fun
We are about to release a huge update on the server! Come check it out! 
If you guys still accepting players can you please send me a link
MA 20 said: If you guys still accepting players can you please send me a link DillonDND  said: Anyone who has any interest can  friend me on discord, my discord is DillonDND#5228.
this is the best server
Boris N. said: this is the best server Omg really? Do tell me more!
DillonDND said: Boris N. said: this is the best server Omg really? Do tell me more! This is a safe space and a place for all types of people except jerks. I know crazy right?
and we have server specific emojis!!!
Outstanding server with excellent lore, friendly helpful staff, and a great atmosphere.
slavic friendly server!
Could I get a link? That sounds cool!
Rain B. said: Could I get a link? That sounds cool! Please friend me on discord! DillonDND#5228
Rain B. said: Could I get a link? That sounds cool! You just need to message Dillon easy as that!
The server is growing and having events monthly come on the train!
The huge update has been released! Making a character is easier than ever, we have tons of amazing race and class options. We are friendly and helpful for the experience and inexperienced alike. Please send a friend request asap!
The server has over 200 happy people on it 
Come have fun with us!
Going to release an update with a bunch of new amazing exotic weapons SOON! Come join in on the fun!
Best server
This sounds really interesting, and I'd love more info if you still have space open. My discord is Toastyr#4753.
DillonDND said: Anyone who has any interest can  friend me on discord, my discord is DillonDND#5228. Toastyr said: This sounds really interesting, and I'd love more info if you still have space open. My discord is Toastyr#4753.
Dark Sun is fun to play in
There's friendship and magic on this server come on don't miss out!
if you plan to join the server please say it here!