Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Combat Master Question

Hello all.  I am trying out Combat Master, and I have a couple of questions I cannot figure out.   1. The current turn and next turn markers are not populating around tokens.  I did not change the default settings for this. 2. I am trying to figure out how to run a macro I have in my macro list when I set a condition.  Specifically I created a condition called 'Faerie Fire' and I have a macro set up that runs '!torch 10 0' on the selected token.  I want the macro to run automatically when I set the condition.  My players use this spell a lot, so it would be really helpful.  I am sure I am missing something easy.   My thanks for your time and attention.  Let me know if you need more info to help me out.
So I reworked my Faerie Fire macro so I could select a color (my players like to customize), but I still cannot get Combat Master to run the macro when I set the condition.  The macro creates a dropdown menu from which I can select the color, and it makes all of the appropriate changes.  The macro works fine on its own.  I also added statusmarkers#!aura to each color selection on a separate macro, which also works just fine.  However, I would like the macro to run if I select the condition in Combat Master, rather than having to run a macro separately.  I am sure it has to do with this bit:   I just don't know enough to figure out how to make it work, so any help would be appreciated.  What am I missing? !token-mod ?{Color|Blue, --set aura1_radius#10 aura1_color#0000ff light_otherplayers#on light_radius#10 light_dimradius#0|Green, --set aura1_radius#10 aura1_color#008000 light_otherplayers#on light_radius#10 light_dimradius#0|Red, --set aura1_radius#10 aura1_color#ff0000 light_otherplayers#on light_radius#10 light_dimradius#0|Violet, --set aura1_radius#10 aura1_color#ee82ee light_otherplayers#on light_radius#10 light_dimradius#0|End Spell, --set aura1_radius# light_otherplayers#off light_radius# dimlight_radius#} Macro that also adds the token marker: !token-mod ?{Color|Blue, --set aura1_radius#10 aura1_color#0000ff light_otherplayers#on light_radius#10 light_dimradius#0 statusmarkers#!aura|Green, --set aura1_radius#10 aura1_color#008000 light_otherplayers#on light_radius#10 light_dimradius#0 statusmarkers#!aura|Red, --set aura1_radius#10 aura1_color#ff0000 light_otherplayers#on light_radius#10 light_dimradius#0 statusmarkers#!aura|Violet, --set aura1_radius#10 aura1_color#ee82ee light_otherplayers#on light_radius#10 light_dimradius#0 statusmarkers#!aura|End Spell, --set aura1_radius# light_otherplayers#off light_radius# dimlight_radius# statusmarkers#!aura}
I can't help with #2 but I think that #1 is that you do not have the player ribbon on the page for which you are doing combat.
Patrick said: I can't help with #2 but I think that #1 is that you do not have the player ribbon on the page for which you are doing combat. D'oh!  That's why it worked in session last night, but not when I was testing.  I feel like a bonehead, but at least one mystery is solved.  Thank you for pointing out what I did not see, much appreciated!
What you're looking for is in the "Macro & API Menu" help window.  To use token-mod, you'll need to set two substitution strings.  Run "!cmaster --show,setup" and select "Macro & API".  Then add two substitutions, one for TokenID and one for PlayerID.  You can name them whatever you want, but let's say you use "tokidentifier" and "playidentifier" so they look like this: Then, you can use  !token-mod --api-as playidentifier --ids tokidentifier the-rest-of-the-macro  as your macro. I'm still trying to figure out how to use !torch with CombatMaster because of the !flicker-on effect, but it's a minor issue :)

Edited 1590372655
I don't think you can use Torch with it, unless that script lets you specify the command by token ID. I would recommend sticking to TokenMod, though that unfortunately doesn't have the flicker effect that Torch has. In general, API commands run through CM must either be commands that don't depend on having a token selected/targeted, or be commands that allow you to declare a token or character ID.
Alex B. said: What you're looking for is in the "Macro & API Menu" help window.  To use token-mod, you'll need to set two substitution strings.  Run "!cmaster --show,setup" and select "Macro & API".  Then add two substitutions, one for TokenID and one for PlayerID.  You can name them whatever you want, but let's say you use "tokidentifier" and "playidentifier" so they look like this: Then, you can use  !token-mod --api-as playidentifier --ids tokidentifier the-rest-of-the-macro  as your macro. Unfortunately that still did not work.  The macro itself still runs fine on its own, but setting the condition through Combat Master still only adds the status marker and does not run the macro.  :(

Edited 1590460637
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
APIs for CM require accepting Token IDs.  If they don't, don't use them.  These APIs are expecting selected tokens from the map and you can't select tokens and call CM and have CM pass selected tokens to the other API.  Doesn't work like that.  Request a change from whomever is supporting the API.  Accept a token id
Victor B. said: APIs for CM require accepting Token IDs.  If they don't, don't use them.  These APIs are expecting selected tokens from the map and you can't select tokens and call CM and have CM pass selected tokens to the other API.  Doesn't work like that.  Request a change from whomever is supporting the API.  Accept a token id So basically when I select a token and use CM to set a status marker on that token then try run a macro that uses TokenMod, CM is not giving that token selection to TokenMod, so TM does not recognize the selected token and cannot change its conditions?  Is that the gist of it?  My apologies, I am pretty much a total neophyte here, my coding experience is at least fifteen years out of date and pretty much consisted of C++.  Can you give me an example of what sort of macro CM would be able to run when setting a status marker on a token?  That would go a long way to helping me figure it out in my brain. 

Edited 1590555548
Snow
Pro
So when putting in API commands in a condition when applied or removed, you need to wrap each command in {{command}}. When it is done right you will see the commands in Combat Master without the {{ }}. This is my haste commands when I apply the Haste icon onto a token. The commands I put in are these. Adding condition code {{!token-mod}} {{--api-as playidentifier}} {{--ids tokidentifier}} {{--set bar2_value|+2 bar3_value|*2}} Removing condition code {{!token-mod}} {{--api-as playidentifier}} {{--ids tokidentifier}} {{--set bar2_value|-2 bar3_value|/2 statusmarkers|Exhaustion1::243668}} As for !torch commands I don't know how but you can use !token-mod to edit your tokens to give vision or light sources to the token. Here is one that will give the token a 10' 0 light source. {{!token-mod}} {{--api-as playidentifier}} {{--ids tokidentifier}} {{--set light_radius#10 light_dimradius#0 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#yes}} Hope this helps you.
Snow said: So when putting in API commands in a condition when applied or removed, you need to wrap each command in {{command}}. When it is done right you will see the commands in Combat Master without the {{ }}. This is my haste commands when I apply the Haste icon onto a token. The commands I put in are these. Adding condition code {{!token-mod}} {{--api-as playidentifier}} {{--ids tokidentifier}} {{--set bar2_value|+2 bar3_value|*2}} Removing condition code {{!token-mod}} {{--api-as playidentifier}} {{--ids tokidentifier}} {{--set bar2_value|-2 bar3_value|/2 statusmarkers|Exhaustion1::243668}} As for !torch commands I don't know how but you can use !token-mod to edit your tokens to give vision or light sources to the token. Here is one that will give the token a 10' 0 light source. {{!token-mod}} {{--api-as playidentifier}} {{--ids tokidentifier}} {{--set light_radius#10 light_dimradius#0 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#yes}} Hope this helps you. This got me closer, thank you.  I am able to make it do an aura with one color and the correct lighting.  Something about my drop-down query to select which color I want to use is not working though.   {{!token-mod}} {{--api-as playidentifier}} {{--ids tokidentifier}} {{--set aura1_radius#7.5 aura1_color#0000ff light_otherplayers#on light_radius#7.5 light_dimradius#0}} This works great and sets the aura to the specified color when I select the condition in CM. But trying to make it give me the drop down menu to choose one of several different colors like my macro does not work.  I appreciate your help, every little bit increases my understanding of how this all works, so that is a good thing.  I will keep tinkering and learning.  :) And just in case anyone is curious, I set the radius to 7.5 instead of 10 because I noticed that for auras and light the system measures from the edge of the token, not the center.  So a radius of 10 actually gives a total diameter of 25 instead of 20.  Setting it to 7.5 gives you the correct diameter of 20.