Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

unable to send private messages

Whenever I click send it takes me to a page that says "Not Authorized to post". I have tried both chrome and firefox as well as clearing the cache of both. I have no extensions nor do I have java. I have tried to send messages to different people and get the same page. Any help?
Hello powerstop, Apologies for any inconvenience.  You should be able to correct this issue by posting or replying in a public forum (not a game forum) and checking the Captcha box that will appear to the right of your text box. I hope this clarifies.  Let us know if you have any other questions or continue to experience the issue.
I am also having this problem.  I get the CAPTCHA on forum posts like this but not on private message posts.  The private message post brings up a modal or popout box to write your message in and the CAPTCHA is nowhere to be seen. Google Chrome Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Ok going to post somewhere else in a forum (like here for example) did indeed allow me to then send the private message.  Weird.