Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Quick question about 5E companion

So, in order to track charges of a magic item that gives spells, I am using a class resource. Is there a way to exclude that resource from long rests by the 5E companion? Also, if there is a better way to track charges, I'd be happy to hear it, maybe one that can be automated via a macro I am not aware of? But just an answer to the first question is all I really need, so please, any help would be appreciated.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
As far as I know, !longrest doesn't touch class resources. It doesn't on my tests, anyway. However I have written a script which should give you the fine control you need. Rest and Recovery
keithcurtis said: As far as I know, !longrest doesn't touch class resources. It doesn't on my tests, anyway. However I have written a script which should give you the fine control you need. Rest and Recovery Ah, cheers, I'll take a gander, but yeah, it resets the class resource for some reason for me, not sure if it is just some option I clicked without realizing or something.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I'm curious, because it could lead to some unexpected interactions with my script, but what do you have in the class resource that is resetting on !longrest?
I keithcurtis said: I'm curious, because it could lead to some unexpected interactions with my script, but what do you have in the class resource that is resetting on !longrest? I am using it to track charges of a magic item a player has. I didn't do anything fancy, I just put 10 in both the max and current value boxes, and called it "Staff of the Woodlands charges" Whenever I use the !longrest command of the 5E companion (OGL) script, it says the usual, user "name" and lists the things that have been reset, among them is the charges value. And when checking the value, it does indeed reset. Not certain what had happened here. I could always give you a screenshot of it if you're curious, and such. I just have him return the value after a long rest right now, so it is not game breaking, just a bit inconvenient.