Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll, then popup and another roll

Is it possible to have a single macro where you roll dice and then, after the dice are rolled, you get a popup that lets you choose to roll more dice (for example - having an attack roll and then after that is rolled, you get a popup that lets you choose to roll regular damage or increased damage)? Is that even possible or would you have to use two separate macros for that?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
You'd need multiple macros.  But you could have one macro that rolls the dice and then outputs a few buttons to chat that you could click to trigger the other rolls.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Rather than a popup, you would have 2 macros and have a chat menu button in the first roll that would call your second.  Or maybe more than one button if you have multiple options.  Chat menus are in the Stupid Tricks thread pinned at the top of this forum (the first post is an index).
Cool. That sounds like it should work nicely - I'll have to go and read up on that. Thanks a lot. ^_^

Edited 1593543577
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Just to add to this, depending on what character sheet you are using, be sure to check out what templates are available to you. For example, D&D 5E has a bunch that have lots of extra fields that are available. I'm sure other sheets do, too. If you can stick your chat menu buttons in an available unused field, then the initial attack roll will still have the same "look" as if you just clicked it on the character sheet. Here's an example of a Rapier attack from one of my 5E characters that I made generic and just stuck two buttons in the description field. Replace Charname and macro names as needed. @{Charname|wtype}&{template:atkdmg} {{mod=+[[@{Charname|dexterity_mod}+@{Charname|pb}]]}} {{rname=Rapier}} {{r1=[[@{Charname|d20}cs>20 + @{Charname|dexterity_mod}[DEX] + @{Charname|pb}[PROF]]]}} @{Charname|rtype}cs>20 + @{Charname|dexterity_mod}[DEX] + @{Charname|pb}[PROF]]]}} {{attack=1}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[1d8 + @{Charname|dexterity_mod}[DEX]]]}} {{dmg1type=Piercing}} {{damage=1}} {{crit1=[[1d8[CRIT]]]}} {{desc=[Macro1](! #Macro1) [Macro2](! #Macro2)}}