Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Create link in handout from API text?

timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
Open a journal and enter the name of some handout, enclosed by brackets: [DailyNews] ...and you get a link. Enter that same text from the API... and you get the text, only. No link. Can this be triggered from the API? Is it a matter of encoding the text properly to be interpreted by Roll20 engine, or can it only be done through the magic of the "Save Changes" button... and would a script have access to trigger that?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
In the API, you put an anchor tag. Just right click one of the other links and copy it. I don't remember the exact url, but it will be something /handouts/THE_ID. 
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
See... this is why I shouldn't try to code at 1 in the morning. I was just trying to present a response button to the player if the script detected a name collision for a config handout (since Roll20 keys off the id)... because "scriptnameconfig--Mvasnsfsa43n232-" is so much worse than "scriptnameconfig-Brad the Barbarian." When you can't trigger the encoding, circumvent it. Makes it easier! Thanks, Aaron! And happy 4th to you!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
No problem, happy 4th to you as well! =D