Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Adding Gear Boost: Melee Striker to Starfinder character sheet

Can someone help me with step-by-step instructions as to how to add the half-strength-bonus Gear Boost: Melee Striker feat to a Soldier's character sheet? I can see somebody on the forum said add  +floor(@{strength}/2) to damage|engagement_range:melee   to the sheet. I'm struggling with where you add this code. There doesn't seem to be anywhere in a weapons' stats under Attacks where you can add this mod. If someone can lay this out in noob's terms I'd appreciate it; struggling heavily with mods and where and how you add them.
Sliemm Farknarkle said: Can someone help me with step-by-step instructions as to how to add the half-strength-bonus Gear Boost: Melee Striker feat to a Soldier's character sheet? I can see somebody on the forum said add  +floor(@{strength}/2) to damage|engagement_range:melee   to the sheet. I'm struggling with where you add this code. There doesn't seem to be anywhere in a weapons' stats under Attacks where you can add this mod. If someone can lay this out in noob's terms I'd appreciate it; struggling heavily with mods and where and how you add them. This would be added to the mod section of the ability you have created.
That's weird, because I did that - but as it's an Abilities entry, it didn't naturally translate as a mod (ie, a blue-coloured addition) to the character's damage bonus for melee-labelled attacks. I figured there was no discernible link between the Abilities entries and Attacks entries, so I looked around in Attacks - but couldn't find where to add mods in Attacks. Is there something I need to do to link a new Abilities entry for Melee Striker to the relevant weapons in Attacks?
ah well i see also where the issue is with your formula and what you targeting. Melee Striker add half your strength bonus. So the way it works is the formula has to target the correct category or specialization.  Example: +floor(@{strength}*.5) to damage|category:basic_melee or  +floor(@{strength}/2) to damage|category:basic_melee. In your formula you did not state the category but named the enguagement range field which is not something that can be targeted by a buff.  Examples: Note in the images above #1 & #2 in red refers to the category which is what you need to target. #3 shows the formula and buffs targeting the categories (basic and and advanced). #4a and 4b show the damage field in blue when its properly targeted. Hope that helps.
Worked it out with your help, thanks! I had to switch from wizard mod mode to manual to get it to work, but now it's applying accurately. And there's a slight edit; it should be +floor(@{strength _mod }*.5) to damage|category:basic_melee - otherwise it applies half the actual strength score. Thanks again.