Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Need Help with linking macros

Edited 1594009032
Hello I have a linking macro question. Sugita is the character name and Punch-damage is the linked macro. {{Punch=[Click here if returned](~Sugita Tomokazu|#Punch-Damage)}} is what I have attached to an attack the Punch damage macro I have is &{template:default} {{name=Punch}}{{1d4 Damage=[[1d4+@{Sugita Tomokazu|dexterity_mod}]]}}. When I click the "Click here if returned" it does show the linked macro but before then it has the error message " No ability was found for %{Sugita Tomokazu|#Punch-Damage}"
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The # doesnt belong there.  If Punch-damage is an Ability on a character sheet, just remove the #: {{Punch=[Click here if returned](~Sugita Tomokazu|Punch-Damage)}}  If its a Macro on the collections sidebar, the syntax is a bit uglier {{Punch=[Click here if returned]( !
# Punch-Damage)}} 
It is a macro on the sidebar but it still comes up with the same error message (the linked macro still shows but it is included with the error message)

Edited 1593971172
Also when I add the "!&13;" the linked macro result comes out but only followed after "Sugita Tomokazu|!" 
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That's odd. So if you copy and paste GiGs' second line of code, the button doesn't work?

Edited 1593998349
it works which, my other one did too, the issue was that for both there is the error message "" No ability was found for %{Sugita Tomokazu|#Punch-Damage}". The only difference between GiG's method was that after I clicked it, the macro follows after the text "Sugita Tomokazu|!" (which my first one doesnt).   
would it help if I added the entire macros for both so that you can see the problem?  &{template:default} {{name=Deflect Missiles}} {{Reduce=[[1d10+@{Sugita Tomokazu|dexterity_mod}+@{Sugita Tomokazu|level}]]}}{{Returned=[Click here if returned](~Sugita Tomokazu|#Missile-Return)}} &{template:default} {{name=Missile Return}} {{Check=[[1d20+@{Sugita Tomokazu|dexterity_mod}+@{Sugita Tomokazu|pb}]] [[1d20+@{Sugita Tomokazu|dexterity_mod} +@{Sugita Tomokazu|pb} ]] vs AC}}{{Damage=?{Martial Arts damage?| D4, [[1d4+@{Sugita Tomokazu|dexterity_mod}]] | D6, [[1d6+@{Sugita Tomokazu|dexterity_mod}]] | D8, [[1d8+@{Sugita Tomokazu|dexterity_mod} ]] | D10, [[1d10+@{Sugita Tomokazu|dexterity_mod}]]}}}
also let me know if you need any more info
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That first macro has the same issue as the first one you posted: ~Sugita Tomokazu|#Missile-Return) you do not put the # there. The fix for this is the same as in my earlier post.

Edited 1594002144
right the macro is the original without the change. The one with the change has the same issue and an extra issue
&{template:default} {{name=Deflect Missiles}} {{Reduce=[[1d10+@{Sugita Tomokazu|dexterity_mod}+@{Sugita Tomokazu|level}]]}}{{Returned=[Click here if returned](~Sugita Tomokazu| !
# Missile-Return)}} Here is the changed one for if you need it
if it helps we can hop in a discord and I can show you my stuff

Edited 1594004580
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I dont do real-time help. You're making the same mistake here: [Click here if returned](~Sugita Tomokazu| !
# Missile-Return) This should be either [Click here if returned]( !
# Missile-Return) or [Click here if returned](~Sugita Tomokazu|Missile-Return) The first one is for if Missile-Return is in the Macros Collection sidebar, the second is for if its an Ability on Sugita Tomokazu's character sheet.

Edited 1594008304
if I do  [Click here if returned](~Sugita Tomokazu|Missile-Return) the linked macro doesnt show. But  [Click here if returned]( !
# Missile-Return). That one worked thank you so much
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You're welcome - we got there in the end :)