Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] [9PM PST] [Free] [Weekly] [Friday] [D&D5e] Looking for up to 2-3 players to join the game, Finishing D&D vs Rick and Morty then moving to Out of the Abyss

Looking for new players for the game i run, a few of them had schedule changes to their jobs and had to leave. Both these games are the same game so you will be making a character for both games. The party is at level 2 and we will start out of the Abyss at level three but using the Rick and Morty module to see how well the team works, so if your interested in one and not the other and if no one joins before we change modules then you might have a chance but I'm looking to see how well the team works together instead of 5 sessions down the line someones just leave without a word, more than likely because they just were not feeling someone thing about the game that could have been fixed or looked at sooner as i want to make the game as enjoyable as possible and as comfortable as possible for my players. A few things about my way of running and about the game I will be running: We are near the end of the first campaign but will still be from 1 to 3 sessions depending on how fast the team goes. There is a Tabaxi Rogue, and a Goblin Paladin. They have just finished selling things and are 3/4 done with the module, before we had four players but life happens. About how I GM and the game: I run as best i can with what you give me. If you don't give me anything about your character than please don't be mad at the fact that there is not much for my character to do, I don't know what your character would want to do without context so will be unable to make anything specific for them. Maybe after sometime ones I get a feeling for your character there will be something but might not be for a while. How you build your character is up to you, anything that WoC has published is fair game and you can build the character in another program but must make a copy if possible in Roll20 for rolls, if not possible than before starting and each level up send me a copy to look at, no i don't use that character sheet to cheat but look to see if you need help or if there is an error somewhere and to make a arc or plot hook connected to your character. Flavoring your character is fine just so long as its cosmetic and nothing like for example "my magic missile spell now does 3d4 damage per missile and can use it as a cantrip". Something like my hellish rebuke has a purple color that changes to the mood I have or something similar is fine. This is a module that you may have played before but I will likely change things here and there. If you have not played it before than just know that I will likely do this to include other thing, including character background info but not always.  Meda Knowledge is something I allow to an extent. Yes you can know the  deep scratches in the wall might be do to a weapon but know you wouldn't know that your teammate is being attacked by that person in the basement at the same time but can be careful that there might be someone around. Please be a team player and be willing to share the spotlight. I understand that like many you would like to be the star of the show the coolest in the group but you have to remember that you are part of a group. Allowing to share the spotlight allows everyone to have fun and enjoy themselves so as a kindness to other players please don't try and shift every moment to yourself. I am not always good as splitting the time evenly, i'm not bad but it happens so when i shift time to a player that has not gotten the same amount of time as everyone else please let them be as they may be shy or not fully clear on what to do and may need time to think. This will be my first time running Out of the Abyss so I may fumble a bit but hey you pay for what you get and this game is free. PVP. I get that it happens but please don't just play to try and make it happen. I get that characters won't always see eye to eye but don't just attack your team just to excuse it as "sorry we were in a bar fight and i didn't know who I was attacking" or something similar. Again I get that PVP happens but don't just attack for no reason. PC's are different than NPC's so other than spells that make them roll something if a player doesn't want your character to steal something from them for no good reason or try to intimidate or persuade them for no good reason than it simply won't happen. NPC's are fair game but if you fail to intimidate a guard and think you will be fine because you are a PC and they would never dare think to attack you or send you to jail, well that's another story. The game is Streamed and Recorded so players must be 18 years or older. Don't worry though no one really watches and I don't get money from it, haha, if that ever changes though I'll let you know. Recording and streaming will begin as soon as we start out of the Abyss, Audio only and roll20 maps and discord names are the only things that will be seen on the recording. No need for a camera but at least a working mic as we use discord for audio. The main reason I do this is to help with my short term memory problem, its not really bad but I forget small things from time to time and anything I said on the spot that I had no notes for would like to review and it helps me to keep it in mind. When building your character rolling stats is a thing or you can do point buy. 4d6 taking the highest 3 for each block will be how you do but for each block you may reroll a 1 once if you rolled one. I can clarify this better if you need it. Any other questions, feel free to ask and I'll check in on this later but I think this is to long already.
Question that was Asked: How long is the game going to run each week? Great question, the game will be 2 to 3 hours long on a weekly basis.