Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Script to Create Roll20AM Inline-Link Chat Menu Macro

Edited 1594489820
Hi everyone, I wrote a quick script this morning to utilize the Roll20AM script's global variable and generate an inline-link chat menu macro for the 5e OGL Character Sheet. I wanted the chat menu to list all of my playlists along with each track I have imported for traps  and spells . This handles that and can be customized to build any other type of Roll20AM menu. Additionally, with a bit more customization, you can build any type of chat menu you wanted. I know other API scripts exist out there that can do this, but I needed a bit of customization and it was a nice morning challenge. Hope someone finds it useful! var roll20AMMenuGenerator = roll20AMMenuGenerator || { menuStr: '/w gm&{template:npcaction} {{rname=Roll20AM Menu}} {{description=', trackDetails: state.Roll20AM.trackDetails, playlistDetails: state.Roll20AM.playLists, r20AMStopCommand: '!roll20AM --audio,stop', makeBold: (str) => { return '**'+str+'**' }, makeChatCommand: (title, command) => { return '['+title+']('+command+')' }, r20AMPlayCommand: (objName) => { return '!roll20AM --audio,play|'+ encodeURIComponent(objName) }, inputHandler: function(msg_original) { if(msg_original.content.indexOf('!r20AMMenuGenerator') !== 0){ return; } else { this.generateMenu(msg_original.playerid); } }, generatePlaylistStr: function(playlistNameArr) { var playListStr = this.makeBold('Playlists')+'\n'; let playListNames = playlistNameArr.filter( name => !name.toLowerCase().match(/tag[0-9]/) ).sort(); _.each(playListNames, (plName) => playListStr += this.makeChatCommand(plName, this.r20AMPlayCommand(plName))+'\n'); return playListStr; }, generateTrapTracks: function(tracksNameArr) { var trapTrackStr = this.makeBold('Trap Sounds')+'\n'; let trapTrackNames = tracksNameArr.filter( name => name.toLowerCase().includes('trap') ).sort(); _.each(trapTrackNames, (ttName) => trapTrackStr += this.makeChatCommand(ttName.split(' by')[0].replace('Trap',''), this.r20AMPlayCommand(ttName))+' | '); return trapTrackStr; }, generateSpellSoundEffects: function(tracksNameArr) { var spellTrackStr = this.makeBold('Spell Sounds')+'\n'; let spellTrackNames = _.filter(tracksNameArr, name => name.toLowerCase().includes('spell') ).sort(); _.each(spellTrackNames, (stName) => spellTrackStr += this.makeChatCommand(stName.split(' by')[0].replace('Spell',''), this.r20AMPlayCommand(stName))+' | '); return spellTrackStr }, generateMenu: function(playerId){ let playListStr = this.generatePlaylistStr(Object.keys(this.playlistDetails)); let trackNames = _.map(this.trackDetails, (track) => track['title']); let trapTrackStr = this.generateTrapTracks(trackNames); let spellTrackStr = this.generateSpellSoundEffects(trackNames); let stopAudioButton = this.makeChatCommand('STOP ALL AUDIO', this.r20AMStopCommand); // Finalize menu string this.menuStr += playListStr + '\n' + trapTrackStr + '\n\n' + spellTrackStr + '\n' + '\n\n' + stopAudioButton + '}}'; // send chat for test // sendChat('yaBoi', this.menuStr); createObj('macro', { name: 'roll20AM-Audio-Menu', action: this.menuStr, playerid: playerId }); } }; on('chat:message', function(msg){ 'use strict'; roll20AMMenuGenerator.inputHandler(msg); });
For reference, the styling of the chat menu is from keithcurtis ' Inline Menu for OGL Roll Templates styling.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Looks like a more automated way of doing what I posted a million years ago using a spreadsheet: Soundboard Very nice.