Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can't kick players

Hey there. So, having a bit of trouble with removing players from games. I see the option to kick them, but after clicking it and hitting OK, there's no refresh and they're still there. I've also tried doing it and manually refreshing, as well as leaving it for a day and trying on multiple browsers. Now, in saying that, I'm not the game creator, just the GM. But, correct me if I'm wrong, but a GM should have the ability to kick a player from the game? Any thoughts would be really appreciated.

Edited 1597451405
No, only the Game Creator can kick players. The wiki lists what a co-GM can do in a game: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Management#GM" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Management#GM</a>
Why though? Surely a GM needs to have that ability? Removing problematic players is, unfortunately, part of being a GM. Also, why is the option even present if a GM is unable to do so?
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No, you didn't create the game.&nbsp; From a Roll20 perspective, you are simply a temp GM.&nbsp;&nbsp;
No, I get that. But why does the option present itself to GMs if they don't have the abiltity?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Probably a simple oversight.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hmm. I just ran a test, using my two dummy accounts. A promoted GM was able to boot another player from the game.
So it's a bug then? That's really odd...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Maybe. It's unlikely that Roll20 would know me from my dummy account, but who knows? I'm not sure if it counts as a bug though. If it's working for me, but not for you? I think we need a third data point.
I got my girlfriend to check it and it's the same for her. Promoted her to GM, it shows up but if she clicks it, it asks to confirm and then does nothing. I think it needs changed to either allow GMs to kick players or remove the option that it gives to avoid the confusion.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Question: Are all your tests on the same player? The problem could be on that end. I was able to kick a player without issue as a promoted GM. Dummy Account1 ( DA1 ) created a game and invited Me and Dummy Account 2 ( DA2 ). DA1 promoted DA2 to GM, and DA2 was able to boot Me from the game immediately and permanently, even after a refresh. If you are trying to boot a player that cannot be booted, that might be the issue. I would think if they deleted their account, they would just disappear, but...? Can you verify if the creator can boot the player in question?
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
It's been my understanding for quite some time now that promoted GMs can't kick others. This has been my experience and the experience of others I've talked with. Keith, I'm inclined to believe that you've somehow uncovered a bug.
No, I tried on multiple players and on different games. I think Stephen's right. It looks as though you've managed to find a bug yourself.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I wonder why I was able to do it? If I'm the only one, and it's not something I'm supposed to be able to do anyway according to the documentation, I'm not sure it's worth reporting. Maybe I should try the experiment again, but loading up that many different accounts at once requires at least two browsers, a mirror and a stepladder...