Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Mirror Image help requested

I came across the post from Keith Curtis and it looks like its exactly what i want, however I am struggling to get it to work.&nbsp; Do i need a specific script to get it to run? <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6179273/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6179273/slug%7D</a> This is Keiths post I have a really nice one (actually, its a set of three), but it requires the API, unfortunately. I'm including it here should you ever decide to upgrade, or if this question is clicked on by someone with a Pro subscription and the same need. The spell is set to run the macro called "3" !token-mod --set statusmarkers|=dead|-dead !token-mod --set statusmarkers|!half-haze:3 &amp;{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Three Duplicates}} {{text_big=If Mirror Roll is 6 or higher and duplicate is hit, destroy the duplicate. Mirror roll : [[[[1d20]]]] Mirror AC: [[12]] [Destroy Duplicate](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|=dead|-dead !token-mod --set statusmarkers|!half-haze:2)}} This places a status marker on the token, with the number "3", indicating the existence of 4 mirror images. Click this macro every time you are targeted with an attack. It will roll the mirror roll. If the mirror roll is greater than the target number and the roll to hit was greater than the AC, click "destroy duplicate" in the chat window. This will run the macro called "2" !token-mod --set statusmarkers|=dead|-dead !token-mod --set statusmarkers|!half-haze:2 &amp;{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Two Duplicates}} {{text_big=If Mirror Roll is 8 or higher and duplicate is hit, destroy the duplicate. Mirror roll : [[[[1d20]]]] Mirror AC: [[12]] [Destroy Duplicate](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|=dead|-dead !token-mod --set statusmarkers|!half-haze:1)}} This macro functions the same way as "3", but with the numbers appropriate for two images. When you click "destroy duplicate" it drops you down to 1. !token-mod --set statusmarkers|=dead|-dead !token-mod --set statusmarkers|!half-haze:1 &amp;{template:5e-shaped} {{title=One Duplicate}} {{text_big=If Mirror Roll is 11 or higher and duplicate is hit, destroy the duplicate. Mirror roll : [[[[1d20]]]] Mirror AC: [[12]] [Destroy Duplicate](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|=dead|-dead)}} Clicking "Destroy Duplicate" at this point clears all statuses.

Edited 1598007234
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes, you need TokenMod - available via one-click install in API scripts in your game settings (on the launch page, not in the game).
Thank you, that added the icon and the 3 but doesn't seem to add the mirror roll to the chat window.

Edited 1598017607
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Maybe because the macro is using the&nbsp;5e-shaped template, and you might not be using the 5e shaped character sheet? Try changing it to&nbsp; &amp;{template:default} &nbsp;or some other template that your character sheet supports.

Edited 1598018384
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
edit - ninja'd! Official 5e template changes below though, if that's the sheet you're using. It looks like Keith has used the 5e Shaped template - are you using the 5e Shaped character sheet? If not you'll just need to convert those to whatever you're using. For 5e Official, you'll need to change a few words in each of those macros: 5e-shaped =&gt; npcaction title =&gt; rname&nbsp; text_big =&gt; description So the third line on each one would look like this: &amp;{template:npcaction} {{rname=One/Two/Three Duplicates}} {{description=blah blah blah....}} and leave the rest of the macro intact, including line breaks.

Edited 1598029852
That's amazing, thanks Oosh :) If anyone is interested here is Keiths formula adapted for the 5e Official Character Sheet with Oosh's help.&nbsp; I have added it as a token action, so set the AC to reflect 10 plus tokens dex mod. !token-mod --set statusmarkers|=dead|-dead !token-mod --set statusmarkers|!half-haze:3 &amp;{template:npcaction} {{rname=One/Two/Three Duplicates}}{{description=If Mirror Roll is 6 or higher and duplicate is hit, destroy the duplicate. Mirror roll : [[[[1d20]]]] Mirror AC: [[10+@{selected|dexterity_mod}]]&nbsp; [Destroy Duplicate](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|=dead|-dead !token-mod --set statusmarkers|!half-haze:2)}} !token-mod --set statusmarkers|=dead|-dead !token-mod --set statusmarkers|!half-haze:2 &amp;{template:npcaction} {{rname=One/Two/Three Duplicates}}{{description=If Mirror Roll is 8 or higher and duplicate is hit, destroy the duplicate. Mirror roll : [[[[1d20]]]] Mirror AC: [[10+@{selected|dexterity_mod}]]&nbsp; [Destroy Duplicate](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|=dead|-dead !token-mod --set statusmarkers|!half-haze:1)}} !token-mod --set statusmarkers|=dead|-dead !token-mod --set statusmarkers|!half-haze:1 &amp;{template:npcaction} {{rname=One/Two/Three Duplicates}}{{description=If Mirror Roll is 11 or higher and duplicate is hit, destroy the duplicate. Mirror roll : [[[[1d20]]]] Mirror AC: [[10+@{selected|dexterity_mod}]]&nbsp; [Destroy Duplicate](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|=dead|-dead)}} Oosh said: edit - ninja'd! Official 5e template changes below though, if that's the sheet you're using. It looks like Keith has used the 5e Shaped template - are you using the 5e Shaped character sheet? If not you'll just need to convert those to whatever you're using. For 5e Official, you'll need to change a few words in each of those macros: 5e-shaped =&gt; npcaction title =&gt; rname&nbsp; text_big =&gt; description So the third line on each one would look like this: &amp;{template:npcaction} {{rname=One/Two/Three Duplicates}} {{description=blah blah blah....}} and leave the rest of the macro intact, including line breaks.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Tommy, and thanks for the link. I have updated the original post with a link to this one for users of the&nbsp;D&amp;D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet.
Sorry to come to this post a month late, but I'm trying to set up the same thing with limited success. My token casts Mirror Image and the text pops up in the chat. Is that action supposed to put the half haze 3 marker on the token, via macro? Or is the marker a separate entity than the spell that is cast? Or is there a separate token keeping track of the mirror images remaining?&nbsp; Also, does this require having 3 separate macro buttons, or are they set up to chain into one another?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
For the first part, have you installed the token-mod API script? And are you using the default set of token markers?
I do have the token-mod API script installed and I am using the default set of token numbers. When I try to activate the macros, it all works in a very clunky way. I need 4 separate macros (One to activate the condition, one takes it from 3 to 2, one takes it from 2 to 1, and one clears it).