Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Torch API & Updated Dynamic Lighting

Anyone having problems using the Torch API by The Aaron after converting to updated dynamic lighting?

Edited 1598045123
It hasn't been updated to include the updated dynamic lighting system. There's a way of using the token-mod API to make the required changes.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It was having issues when I tried to convert it, and I think I figured out the issue.  I'll try to get a new version of it out. 
Farling said: It hasn't been updated to include the updated dynamic lighting system. There's a way of using the token-mod API to make the required changes. Yeah, I just didn't want to go through the trouble of setting it all up with TokenMod when I already have all the macros built for Torch! The Aaron said: It was having issues when I tried to convert it, and I think I figured out the issue.  I'll try to get a new version of it out.  Thanks, The Aaron!
Is this working yet? I'd love to use it for Rime of The Frostmaiden and I'm struggling to work out if I'm using it wrong or if it doesn't work with the updated lighting?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It does't work for UDL yet.  I have an updated version created, but UDL is broken for the API and it isn't really usable at this point.
Thanks Aaron, I found this Macro that seems to work for what I need. ?{ Light/Vision options: |Normal vision, !token-mod --on has_bright_light_vision emits_bright_light emits_low_light --set bright_light_distance#0 low_light_distance#0 |Candle (br5/dim10), !token-mod --set bright_light_distance#5 low_light_distance#5 |Lamp (br15/dim45), !token-mod --set bright_light_distance#15 low_light_distance#30 |Torch/Light Cantrip (br20/dim40), !token-mod --set bright_light_distance#20 low_light_distance#20 |Hooded Lantern (br30/dim60), !token-mod --set bright_light_distance#30 low_light_distance#30 |Darkvision on (br0/dim60), !token-mod --set night_vision_distance#60 |Darkvision off (br0/dim60), !token-mod --set night_vision_distance#0 }
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
yeah, TokenMod is updated.  It still has some issues, though they seem not to be as prevalent as with Torch.  I'll have to test it again.