Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Allow GM to switch maps via API

Score + 116

Edited 1599578860
There are scripts out there like Map Change that allow the players to be moved between maps with an API call. However it appears there is no ability to do similar with the GM. It would be extremely useful to be able to do this, as GMs could then pre-programme planned map changes to a token or map object. This would speed up the process of moving the party to a new map significantly, resulting in a better user experience for both the players and the GM. This is a prevalent quality of life issue present multiple times per session for almost every game regardless of system. For context the usual workflow to change map is: 1) GM move to next map (Manual - this is where the requested change is for) 2) GM paste tokens to new map (Ctrl+V from fireball formation most typically) 3) GM pull players to new map (Currently can be automated with API) Thanks for your consideration.
A token at the "map exit" with a gmNote is what I do for whatever narration is required, so being able to add a couple of buttons to that to first push the GM to the next map then pull the party would be the goal for a very common use case.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Or for "Split the Party" situations where you have to flip back and forth between maps.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yes Please. I'd love to add this to the next iteration of Page Navigator (which will actually be a functional version)
The splitting the party is an excellent example of the use case - especially when a random encounter occurs (let's be honest... they split the party!). Now you're likely off piste from your intended sequence of maps and having to bounce backwards and forwards between maps that you can't set up next to each other in advance....
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Yeah, I'd love to update TurnMarker with the option to pull the GM and players between maps based on what page a token is on who has a turn.
I think there are a wealth of possibilities for streamlining the game flow by integration with different scripts - seems from the star-power scripters supporting above that they agree... could be some lovely updates to the 1-click library with this one!
it got mine +1
+1
+1
+1
+1
BRIAN B.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
+1
+1
+1
The Aaron said: Yeah, I'd love to update TurnMarker with the option to pull the GM and players between maps based on what page a token is on who has a turn. Yes, please!  Ran something like this recently, and it would have been a great feature to keep things moving faster! :-)
+1
+1
+1
+1 Love it!
Gotta give some GM love.
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
Laurent