Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

HELP: Better looking Rollable Tables

Is there a way to make the output from rollable tables more attractive? I am a pro user so api recommendations welcome.  I am asking in general but if specific use helps I want to make several rollable tables to handle critical hits and fumbles then nest them Together. 
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Are you using a custom character sheet? They can be modified to look better via a Roll Template.

Edited 1599668136
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
How silly do you want to get? If you create a table called "table" and paste this as the only entry: &{template:default} {{=[Big blue letters](#" style="font-size:30px;color:blue) [[2d6]] and inline rolls and [general silliness](#" style="font-size:25px;display:block;text-align:center;border:solid 2px;border-radius:5px;padding:5px;background-color:beige)}} You can create a button: [Click Me](`[[1t[table]]]) And mess with the style. But... good grief, doing that to an actual, useful table would be soul-destroying work. But I guess it works? This uses Papa's trick from the megathread - it only works from a button, not from a direct roll.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
RecursiveTable has some options for better looking Rollable Table Output, particularly with images.
Thank you oosh I’ll check it out
Thanks Aaron as always I appreciate your advice. I’ll check out that script. 
No custom sheet just the 2nd edition Ad&d. 
Gold
Forum Champion
Zombie_Hawk said: No custom sheet just the 2nd edition Ad&d.  Only the best! (I run AD&D 2nd edition on here, too). Not sure if anyone mentioned you can do inline-rolls with rollable table results to make it look [[1t[How Awesome Or Good Or Bad]]] in the middle of a sentence. That's what I use for NPC, it does a paragraph that rolls their [[APPEARANCE]] and [[Personality]] and their [[Profession]], into the chat with the yellow highlights.
Gold. Nice to meet another 2e player. I did not know that. I’ve always avoided rollable tables for some reason. This is really the first time I’m messing with them so all the advice is appreciated as are any other tricks. 
Gold
Forum Champion
Zombie_Hawk said: Gold. Nice to meet another 2e player. I did not know that. I’ve always avoided rollable tables for some reason. This is really the first time I’m messing with them so all the advice is appreciated as are any other tricks.&nbsp; I've created a Roll20 tabletop, a place to meet up and talk about 2nd edition game ideas, if you want to share and discuss. Please join. 2E Tavern.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/183075/svo7tQ" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/183075/svo7tQ</a> welcome zombie hawk