Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there an API that allows you to pull a token onto the map multiple times automatically?

Edited 1600297034
For combats with mob enemies, is there an API that you can specify the number of, say goblins, and have that number of goblin tokens appear on the map? As of right now, I have to either click and drag the token onto the map multiple times, or click on the token and copy paste it multiple times. Is there a way I can specify to exact number of a token I want to pop up on the map and have it do it automatically? Just looking to streamline my encounter building. EDIT: One of the people I play with is a pro-user, so I have access to API scripting through them.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
There are a few, like King's Summon Script.  The primary problem is that the API can only create graphics that are in a User Library, so something that someone has uploaded.  It can't create graphics that are in the Market Place or a Compendium or the like. Also, the Game you are playing in must have been created by an active Pro subscriber to have access to the API perk.  Simply having a Pro subscriber in your game isn't sufficient enough to provide it.

Edited 1600309392
The Aaron said: There are a few, like King's Summon Script.  The primary problem is that the API can only create graphics that are in a User Library, so something that someone has uploaded.  It can't create graphics that are in the Market Place or a Compendium or the like. I will definitely check it out! EDIT: So, even if you've purchased the monster, it still can't summon them? The Aaron said: Also, the Game you are playing in must have been created by an active Pro subscriber to have access to the API perk.  Simply having a Pro subscriber in your game isn't sufficient enough to provide it. It was indeed created by them. I just get questioned because I don't have a "Pro" next to my name, so I added that I play with a pro-user is all.  

Edited 1600342751
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
You may want to check out my !spawn script, as well. It handles multi-sided rollable table tokens and gives several options for spawned token placement/arrangement, multiple spawn origin points, lighting, fx, bar value overrides, automatic triggering of abilities, etc. Same caveats apply regarding the User Library art.  Click for example: