Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a way to incorporate spell sounds and/or effects to play when a spell is cast by a player?

An example is to have the "woosh" sound and 20'x20' fire flash when a fireball is cast.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The solution would be to build a macro that does all of those things: casts fireball, plays the sound and runs a SFX. To cast a fireball, cast it normally, and push the up arrow while in the chat box. That will get you the code for casting the spell. For the special effect, the wiki has those commands . For the sound, you will need to use an API script, notably Roll20 Audio Master, available in One Click install.

Edited 1600432123
It is easy, here is a macro for a rifle shot, smoke at the source, a blood spatter at the target, and a loud bang. This is calling an attack macro in a SWN sheet, between the "%". I know a S&W .40 is much lower than a rifle in pitch for you purists, most people think a rifle is louder than a pistol... /em @{selected|token_name} fires a rifle at @{target|token_name} /w GM Target AC:[[@{target|bar2}]] %{-M8umvHfytiYO_K3D0F8|repeating_weapons_-m9gzuqd2mt2abzxzzmp_attack} /fx glow-smoke /fx glow-blood @{target|token_id} !roll20AM --audio,play,nomenu|smith & wesson 40
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hollywood has trained me to believe that all personal guns sound like WWII ship cannons. Nice macro.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Bob, you can also look at this system . Video .

Edited 1600828981
I've moved this post from the Marketplace forum to the Specific Use forum.
al e. said: It is easy, here is a macro for a rifle shot, smoke at the source, a blood spatter at the target, and a loud bang. This is calling an attack macro in a SWN sheet, between the "%". I know a S&W .40 is much lower than a rifle in pitch for you purists, most people think a rifle is louder than a pistol... /em @{selected|token_name} fires a rifle at @{target|token_name} /w GM Target AC:[[@{target|bar2}]] %{-M8umvHfytiYO_K3D0F8|repeating_weapons_-m9gzuqd2mt2abzxzzmp_attack} /fx glow-smoke /fx glow-blood @{target|token_id} !roll20AM --audio,play,nomenu|smith & wesson 40 This was really helpful. Thank you!