Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] [Paid] [D&D 5e] Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden Double Feature

Edited 1600550258
Lex
Pro
Date: &nbsp;Thursdays Time: &nbsp;7:00 PM EDT / 6:00 PM CDT / 23:00 UTC Length: &nbsp;4 hour sessions <a href="https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20200806T18&amp;p1=64" rel="nofollow">https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20200806T18&amp;p1=64</a> The party is playing Legacy of the Crystal Shard , a prequel to Rime of the Frostmaiden , and just hit level 3. After that we'll play the hardcover Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden . I am looking for one player for my Icewind Dale campaign. I have GMed thousands of hours of tabletop RPGs in person, online, and at convention. I've recently run successful Tomb of Annihilation and Lost Mine of Phandelver campaigns for 5th Edition on Roll20. The campaign will be run on Roll20, but players will be invited to join D&amp;D Beyond where I have a Master Tier subscription and Legendary Bundle that grants players access to digital versions of every book. It also includes their Character Builder and searchable databases of the spells, items, and monsters. This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $15 via PayPal each session. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. Why Join My Campaign? Click here &nbsp;to see pictures from my other campaigns! You should consider my campaign because... Custom handouts - dozens of handouts made in Photoshop and pulled from the web make the experience more immersive. Custom tokens - I make tokens for NPCs in Photoshop and have made over 1,000 for my various Roll20 campaigns. Copious battlemaps - I love using the best battlemaps I can find for every important encounter. Scenic pictures - I use evocative images for locations whenever they don't need a full battlemap. This helps establish the feel for the place you are visiting. Dynamic lighting - This is one of the best features on Roll20 and I use it extensively. Dungeons come to life as you manage your torches and carefully peak around every corner. I have macros to quickly swap light sources as needed. Watch your step! Music and ambient soundtracks - I provide a mix of musical scores with ambient tracks overlaid. Macros and Scripts - I use a number of macros and scripts to make the experience more streamlined and eliminate some of the tedium. Tracking arrows, spell slots, and concentration saves. I write many macros myself and can help with custom macros if the players need them. D&amp;D Beyond access - You'll get free access to every book on D&amp;D Beyond including their character builder. Background In Icewind Dale, adventure is a dish best served cold. Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden is a tale of dark terror that revisits the forlorn, flickering candlelights of civilization known as Ten-Towns and sheds light on the many bone-chilling locations that surround these frontier settlements. Campaign Features Rime of the Frostmaiden is a structured campaign and focuses on combat and exploration but with much role-playing as well. I'd estimate the campaign to last 8-12 months. For a refresher on D&amp;D 5e, checkout this video series:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoW2CDgztKY&amp;list=" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoW2CDgztKY&amp;list=</a>... The Basic Rules for D&amp;D 5e contain all the rules you need to get started for free:&nbsp; <a href="http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrul" rel="nofollow">http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrul</a>... Read the Introduction and Chapters 7-10 (29 pages in total). Application (6 seats total) Please post applications and questions here. 17+ only. Voice with Discord is mandatory. 1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? 3) How did you find my LFG? The directory or the forum? 4) What made you pick my LFG post? 5) Can you commit to a campaign for 9 or 12 months? 6) Do you accept the payment requirements for this campaign? If you have any questions, comment here or send me a PM. Character Creation Characters start at 3rd-level. 27 point buy, no rolled starting wealth. Races with flying at level 1 are not allowed (Aarakocra and Winged Tieflings). All official options are available with the following exceptions. There is no PHB+1 rule. Yuan-ti Pureblood are not allowed. Multiclassing is subject to GM approval and is discouraged. The following 8 feats are not allowed: Crossbow Expert, Great Weapon Master, Lucky, Polearm Master, Resilient, Sentinel, Sharpshooter, Spell Sniper. Homebrew and third party content are allowed subject to GM approval and modification. I have all the sources on D&amp;D Beyond and can share them with the players. This includes use of the D&amp;D Beyond character builder and the full text of the books. Why paid GMing? 1. Defray the content costs. I use the money to purchase new RPG adventures, source books, supplement, maps, and the like. 2. Prevent flakes. Players (and GMs) are far more likely to show up and be on time if there's payment involved. 3. It takes a lot of extra time to GM. I spend about 1-2 hours per game-hour prepping. Reading the adventure, taking notes, cross-referencing rules, finding and making tokens, finding and making maps, setting them up in Roll20, adding NPCs to Roll20, going over character sheets, and organizing the session all takes a lot of time outside the game. It's part of the hobby, but as I'm having to put in prep time I'd rather not have to spend so much on the content costs too. LFG Listing
Still looking for one! Here's from my JTR campaign:
Hello, I am interested in joining the campaign, What does the Double feature mean? Also What char the group is looking for? Anything specific or am I Free to make what I want as far as a class goes? Looking forward to being part of the group and playing with you guys :D