Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

nested macro query not working!

&{template:rolls}{{header=@{selected|token_name} 's Exploration mode}}{{subheader=}}{{roll01=?{Choose your activity|Avoid Notice,  AVOID NOTICE. Use STEALTH for initiative|Defend,  DEFEND   Start encounter with shield raised|Detect Magic,DETECT MAGIC   Cast Detect Magic at regular intervals|Follow the Expert,  FOLLOW THE EXPERT  Use same skill as expert. add level as proficiency. gain bonus based on lead character proficiency|Investigate,  INVESTIGATE   Use Recall Knowledge to gain information|Hustle,  HUSTLE   Move double your speed for CON mod x10 minutes|Scout,  SCOUT   The party gains +1 to initiative |Search,  SEARCH  Use PERCEPTION to gain information|Repeat a spell,  REPEAT A SPELL   Cast a cantrip of 2 actions or less at regular intervals }}} This works, but when i put this in ?{Choose a Spell} to output a spell in 'Repeat a spell' every output gets a bracket. What am i missing?

Edited 1600993887
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nesting a Query within a Query is going to lead to a world of hurt. The second Query will need a whole lot of HTML entities, which will be a fun exercise, but then when you get to the spells those are pointing to you will definitely not be having a good time. That's a second level of HTML replacement for every single spell - you'd be making spell macros which will only work when they're buried 2 Queries deep. You could look at changing the the whole Exploration Mode macro to a Chat Menu , or you could just change the "repeat a spell" option to a Command Button, so: [REPEAT A SPELL](~abilityName) Would change the first line of that option to a clickable button pointing to a new macro with the spell selection. The syntax of the (~abilityName) part could vary quite a bit depending on whether you're using a Macro Character Sheet and pointing to another Ability macro on the same sheet (recommended) or to another Character sheet, or to a Collections macro. Those two links should give you some ideas, anyway - but you really want to avoid nesting in macros where you can avoid it.
I got it sorted with a simple }
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sorry, I thought you wanted the the ?{Choose a spell} Query to actually choose the spell. If it's just an input box, rather than attempting to nest the actual spell macro, yes - all you needed was the HTML entity.