Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

All tokens can see each others' vision regardless of map placement

I'm building out a new map using updated dynamic lighting and I've come across an interesting bug when using Ctrl+L to see through a player token's eyes. No matter where my tokens are on the map and how many barriers there are between them, I can see what all the other tokens see. I'm not using anything fancy, just 60 ft of dark vision on these tokens; I haven't even added any light sources to the map yet. I have used UDL for multiple maps in the past, same tokens, without problems. See image below: *Ctrl+L on the the top most token
Having a similar issue, token don't share their normal vision, but anything revealed using darkvision is being shared to all tokens. Below is an image of what the token labelled 'Jaques' can see, the other two tokens, 'Aenori' and 'Ariti' also have darkvision, and 'Jaques' can see what they can see (but only what's being revealed through darkvision, not what's being revealed in light (i.e what could be seen with normal vision).
Ctrl-L as the GM with the Updated Dynamic Lighting does not show the correct lighting situation as the actual player will see. The only way to properly test UDL is to use a test character on a separate "dummy" account.
Farling said: Ctrl-L as the GM with the Updated Dynamic Lighting does not show the correct lighting situation as the actual player will see. The only way to properly test UDL is to use a test character on a separate "dummy" account. Is this new? I've never had this issue before where testing using ctrl+L shows all characters' dark vision.
Tanis H. said: Having a similar issue, token don't share their normal vision, but anything revealed using darkvision is being shared to all tokens. Below is an image of what the token labelled 'Jaques' can see, the other two tokens, 'Aenori' and 'Ariti' also have darkvision, and 'Jaques' can see what they can see (but only what's being revealed through darkvision, not what's being revealed in light (i.e what could be seen with normal vision). I think this is the exact issue I'm having. Even rejoining as a player with my own token under my control I can still see dark vision shared among all the tokens.
It's a new bug that started after the update at the beginning of this week. The last couple months until this week, Ctrl+L has worked as expected with UDL, at least in my games. I reported the issue in the main thread: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9212710/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9212710/</a>
So for clarification, it seems to be just an issue when using Ctrl+L as the GM? I just noticed this myself. This is not an issue with the lighting itself as using the dummy account method shows proper vision set ups.&nbsp;