Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token-mod & 5e Cure Wounds spell

I am using this bit of code for the macro, basically making a tiny modification to The Aaron's (all hail his illustrious name!) script he posted for the use of healing potions. /desc Regor channels the healing power of Korval into @{target|Target|token_name}. !token-mod {{ --set bar1_value|[[{@{target|Target|bar1}+?{Level|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9}d8+@{selected|wisdom_mod}+[[2+?{Level}]], @{target|Target|bar1|Max}d1}kl1]] --report all|"{name} heals {bar1_value:abschange} points of health" --ids @{target|Target|token_id} }} In this instance, the casting character (and I have this set as an ability on his 5e OGL character sheet, as a token action, thus forcing him to have the token selected to avoid issues) is a Disciple of Life, thus the bit of extra healing after the introduction of his wisdom modifier.  And it works perfectly and flawlessly!  Love it. If there is a way to see the output of the rolls, rather than just the total, it would satisfy my need to triple check everything, but it seems to follow the formula and I am content to live with that. This caster is also a Blessed Healer, so he also heals when he casts healing spells on others, and I was hoping to incorporate a similar bit of token-mod for him, something along the lines of: --set bar1_value|[[@selected|bar1}+[[2+?{Level}]], @{selected|bar1|Max}d1}kl1]] And it is here that it breaks.  It keep asking for a target selection, and there is no output at all.  Is there a way to incorporate this into the same macro?

Edited 1601399136
You were missing a { . --set bar1_value|[[@ { selected|bar1}+[[2+?{Level}]], @{selected|bar1|Max}d1}kl1]] And if I understand correctly, you will need to put the healing for the caster into a separate TokenMod call.  You can also use the @{selected} in the desc to make this macro universal for any other Disciple of Life clerics: /desc @{selected|token_name} channels the healing power of Korval into @{target|Who is being healed?|token_name}. !token-mod {{   --set bar1_value|[[{@{target|Who is being healed?|bar1}+?{Level|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9}d8+@{selected|wisdom_mod}+[[2+?{Level}]], @{target|Who is being healed?|bar1|Max}d1}kl1]]    --report all|"@{target|Who is being healed?|token_name} heals {bar1_value:abschange} points of health"   --ids @{target|Who is being healed?|token_id} }} !token-mod {{   --set bar1_value|[[@{selected|bar1}+[[2+?{Level}]], @{selected|bar1|Max}d1}kl1]]    --report all|"@{selected|token_name} heals {bar1_value:abschange} points of health"   --ids @{selected|token_id} }}
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Minor correction and refinement: /desc @{selected|token_name} channels the healing power of Korval into @{target|Who is being healed?|token_name}. !token-mod {{ --set bar1_value|[[@{target|Who is being healed?|bar1}+?{Level|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9}d8+@{selected|wisdom_mod}+[[2+?{Level}]]]]! --report all|"@{target|Who is being healed?|token_name} heals {bar1_value:abschange} points of health" --ids @{target|Who is being healed?|token_id} }} !token-mod {{ --set bar1_value|[[@{selected|bar1}+[[2+?{Level}]]]]! --report all|"@{selected|token_name} heals {bar1_value:abschange} points of health" --ids @{selected|token_id} }} I recently added ! as a trailing character to setting bars: If you are setting a bar value, you can append a  !  to the value to force it to be bounded between  0  and  max  for the bar. The minor correction if you want to use Jarren's version is another missing { for the kl1 group on the second !token-mod command.
Thanks to you both!  Very much appreciated.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
The Aaron said: I recently added ! as a trailing character to setting bars: If you are setting a bar value, you can append a  !  to the value to force it to be bounded between  0  and  max  for the bar. Very handy!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
David M. said: The Aaron said: I recently added ! as a trailing character to setting bars: If you are setting a bar value, you can append a  !  to the value to force it to be bounded between  0  and  max  for the bar. Very handy! Right!?  It was such a "Duh" moment, too.  I'd been doing it the other way for literal years.  Someone on the forum said, "hey, do you think you could...".  Face-Palm!  =D
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Haha, yay no more kl1 shenanigans!