Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Default Playing card deck is now missing its images?

Hey. The default built in playing deck is now showing as a broken, missing image icon. If one draws a card and puts it on the playing field, you just see nothing. It happens to multiple (though not all) of my players, across multiple games hosted by different GMs.  I've also had it across several of my computers. Again, this isn't some uploaded token, but the default playing deck that comes with Roll20

Edited 1601386754
Further testing. The issue seems specific with Chrome ( 85.0.4183.121 on my PC) . I can see the cards on firefox with both my computers. I've also spoken to another GM running Savage Worlds on roll20, who has had the exact same experience himself and with 2 of his players.
I am also having this problem, literal same symptoms. Have you figured out how to fix it?

Edited 1601956372
I'm having this same exact issue on a Mac with the same version of Chrome ( 85.0.4183.121) .   In my Texas Hold'em poker game, 3 of 7 players were experiencing this same issue and could not see the cards.   Problematic for a poker game.   Switching to alternate browsers, like Firefox resolves the issue, but this delayed our game by 30 minutes as some of the players had to install new browsers.   I submitted a Bug Report to Roll20.  So far, I am just getting asked to disable extensions and such on my side.  None of that helps.  The support team does not appear to have an insight as to the source of the issue.   Here's another screenshot showing the cards in the player's tray.   The poker chips in the image are custom playing decks.  They work normally.  It is only the default playing card deck that comes with Roll20 that is an issue,
novadragon07 said: I am also having this problem, literal same symptoms. Have you figured out how to fix it? I have not. They work in firefox so I've switched to using that till I hear anything.
I've had several back and for the emails with support.  They really are trying to figure out what is the common denominator.   It sounds like the card decks work for most people, but there is an isolated issue that we are experiencing.  
Dave R. said: I've had several back and for the emails with support.  They really are trying to figure out what is the common denominator.   It sounds like the card decks work for most people, but there is an isolated issue that we are experiencing.   Let us know if you hear anything I know the issue is shared among several players in several games I'm a part of.
We've had one player who wasn't affected by the issue when I made this topic be affected by it a while later. So it does look like it's spreading. Like for me, using firefox fixes the issue.

Edited 1603641837
I have a similar problem though I'm able to see the card images on the deck and in the hand but can't seethem on the table (I can still recall them, so something has technically been put down). Switching to firefox didn't help but creating a new game seems to give me a deck that lets me put cards down (but I can't try importing the deck unless I go pro). Other people can apparently see the cards like normal.
I'm having this very same issue, but I am using Firefox, lol.
I've ended up rebuilding a new playing card deck. This one has not failed yet.
The root issue seems to be resolved now.   In the interim, I did end up purchasing an accessibility focused card deck that was intended for people that have trouble seeing  small numbers or distinguishing between black and red colors.  It worked fine.     We ended up sticking with the purchased deck since it is easier to see the cards on smaller screens.