Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Light: Night Vision Bug

So, I have started using the NEW Dynamic Lighting and there is a bit of a bug, in that, everyone can see ANYONE who has night vision, even through walls. Obiously I would rather not have anyone seeing anyone else in certain circumstances, and whenver I use night vision, everyone can see that character AND what they see. Is there anyway around this?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Are you verifying with players, or describing your experience as a GM using Cmd/Ctrl-L? The latter is a known issue. The GM view shows all.
keithcurtis said: Are you verifying with players, or describing your experience as a GM using Cmd/Ctrl-L? The latter is a known issue. The GM view shows all. Thanks for getting back to me. I will have to check that. Another thing that I have noticed is that, with Dynamic Lighting, the new one, When I remove a door, the LoS doesnt update properly. They cannot go through the door because its black on the other side and the system wont let them go into the room, they cant even see into the room from the other side of the door when I remove the Dynamic Lighting Line for the door. I often have to move them manually into the room.

Edited 1602279714
Carl M. said: keithcurtis said: Are you verifying with players, or describing your experience as a GM using Cmd/Ctrl-L? The latter is a known issue. The GM view shows all. Thanks for getting back to me. I will have to check that. Another thing that I have noticed is that, with Dynamic Lighting, the new one, When I remove a door, the LoS doesnt update properly. They cannot go through the door because its black on the other side and the system wont let them go into the room, they cant even see into the room from the other side of the door when I remove the Dynamic Lighting Line for the door. I often have to move them manually into the room. I've seen this reported before (on the main UDL thread). If you all refresh your browser(?) then the lighting will work properly, and you will be able to see and go through the door.
keithcurtis said: Are you verifying with players, or describing your experience as a GM using Cmd/Ctrl-L? The latter is a known issue. The GM view shows all. I'm seeing the same issue with CTRL-L, but as you say, from a player perspective it works just fine. Thanks!
I'm having both of these issues.  A week ago, the night vision was working ok.  Now, all of the PCs can see based on just one of the PCs having night vision.  I'm checking it with CTRL-L.  If the one player with night vision is there, all the PCs can see the same radius as the PC with night vision. Same issue with the doors, though this has been present since we've started the campaign.  If I move the line I create in the dynamic lightning layer representing a door somewhere else, it acts as if it's still there.  If I delete the line entirely, it seems to work ok so that has been my work-around.  This is not a big deal, I don't mind using this work-around, but the night vision issue is pretty annoying.
I'm experiencing the Night Vision bug as well and it's super annoying. Makes me just want to ban the character build that enables ridiculous sight because it breaks the rest of it for everyone else.
I having this same issue. I haven't needed to use Dynamic Lighting for a few sessions now. The last time I used it was before the recent changes. Now, if a token on the map has Night vision, any token on the board that does not have night vision, has the same night vision sight lines as the token that DOES have it. For example: Token A has 120ft Night Vision. Token B does not have Night Vision. However, if Token A's Night Vision is active, Token B can see anything and everything within Token A's sight lines. What this amounts to is if there is a party of 5, and one of them has Night Vision, and the rest do not, every other party member can see exactly what the party member with Night Vision does. This....this is not how things are supposed to work... This is extremely frustrating and completely breaks Dynamic Lighting and Night Vision.
This issue is still occurring: My wife plays next to me so I am able to see her view without using CTRL+L, plus the rest of the players kept saying how they were able to see through the eyes of the token with Night Vision enabled. Despite refreshes and even re-creating the page entirely, all tokens and players are able to see the Night Vision. STR: 1. Place down two tokens on a map with Updated Dynamic Lighting enabled. 2. Give one token Night Vision out to 60ft. 3. Turn on vision for the other token, but give no sources of light or anything. 4. Click the token that doesn't have Night Vision and hit CMD/CTRL+L. 5. Observe that the token without light and Night Vision can see what the token with Night Vision can see.
Same here...