Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Legacy: Life Among the Ruins + Engine of Life

Edited 1602949851
So I noticed that the Legacy sheet wasn't updated with the playbooks from Engine of Life and I decided to update it. I am currently working locally on the update. I have added the family playbooks (except for the Refugees) and am now working on the characters. I am by no means a coder but I am trying to get this done within a few days, hopefully a week at max. I will let you know.
So, I added the html and css code for the new sheet to the GitHub Legacy branch or whatever it's called. I am currently using the finished code on roll20's "custom" character sheet for my Legacy game, but hopefully someone will implement the code I uploaded to the Legacy sheet? I would do it but I have no idea if I have that kind of access. As I said in my previous post, I am not a coder. Also, this is the first time I've done any work like this, so regard me as having no clue. One final note. I decided not to write The Timestream Refugees family playbook into the code. This was mostly because I am a bit lazy and it gave me a headache trying to figure out how to make their info look neat in the roll20 sheet (the way they are created differs from all of the other playbooks). I hope that my work is going to help out those of you looking for a chance to play the extended playbooks.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
If you haven't looked at it already, you might want to see this article on the wiki (on submitting things on github):&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Beginner%27s_Guide_to_GitHub" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Beginner%27s_Guide_to_GitHub</a>

Edited 1603003155
Thank you, Kraynic. I am looking into it now. Edit: I made the pull request. Let's see what happens.
Let me know if you get it working!
Hm. I got en email notification saying my code had been implemented, but I see no changes on the Legacy sheet here in roll20. My group and me are using the Custom sheet and I have added my code to that sheet.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Rasmus said: Hm. I got en email notification saying my code had been implemented, but I see no changes on the Legacy sheet here in roll20. My group and me are using the Custom sheet and I have added my code to that sheet. Yeah because you didn't follow the steps to update character sheets completely. You just added a two new files in the same folder, which does absolutely nothing in itself. <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/7546" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/7546</a> Is the new sheet supposed to upgrade/replace the old sheet, or is it meant to be a standalone sheet that isn't compatible with the old sheet?

Edited 1603639696
Oh sorry. Since I got a message "Merged into master" I thought it meant it was all good. I guess I was wrong. Edit: I will look into this some more when I have the time. Within a few days I hope. And to answer your question, Andreas, the new sheet is supposed to replace the old one. Any help or direction you can provide is most welcome, rather than simply pointing out that I have not done everything I was supposed to. As I said previously, this is a first for me so bear with me :)
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
And to answer your question, Andreas, the new sheet is supposed to replace the old one. Any help or direction you can provide is most welcome, rather than simply pointing out that I have not done everything I was supposed to. Is the new sheet using same attributes as the old ones, or would you lose lot of info switching between the old and the new one? If the sheet is completely different from the old sheet, it should be submitted into a new folder, with it's own sheet.json and explain that it's a revamp of the sheet. If the sheet is straight up an objective improvement to the old sheet, the new HTML/CSS codeshould replace the content of the old files. I'm willing to help out with the things, but it's still not clear what the it sheets intention is.
I didn't alter the sheet's code, I simply added sections for the Engine of Life playbooks. The design is the same and in my tests where I have switched between the custom sheet (my code) and the original sheet (roll20 Legacy) no information have been lost.My thought was to objectively improve the current Legacy sheet such that it includes the Engine of Life playbooks. I am currently doing a bit of cleaning I had forgot on the custom sheet (nothing mayor, simply adding text boxes on landmarks, traditions etc for the Coalition Family playbook as this differs from the regular family playbooks which has a fixed text).
Good afternoon :) Do not be impudent. And if I give you the Endgame add-on, can you add playbooks from there? I understand that it is a little impudent, but if you have already mastered the creation of custom character sheets (and if you are interested, of course), it will be just fine if you can do it.
Илья said: ...if I give you the Endgame add-on, can you add playbooks from there? Hello. Sorry for the delay, RL happening. I am unsure what you mean by "Endgame add-on", could you elaborate? I don't think you are being impudent and I hope that I am not as well :)