Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API Inconsistently Responsive

Edited 1604255401
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I too am encountering issues as recently as yesterday morning (10/31) where the API server simply goes out to lunch.  I do a restart.  It hangs for sometimes a minute or two up to 10+ minutes and then works for a while, repeating the same go to lunch issue.  I rinse, repeat on the restart and wait time.  I had to do this at least 10 times yesterday.   Because the API server wasn't stable, I was using jukebox to launch shuffled playlists.  That too stopped a couple of times mid-playlist.  
Today was a nightmare. I had to restart API every 15-20 mins! It works for several minutes then... either several minutes delay (best case) or worst case - nothing works at all. Link to my game:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/3860614/curse-of-the-crimson-throne" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/3860614/curse-of-the-crimson-throne</a>
So, any updates? Just 2 mins ago I logged into my campaign (link above) WITHOUT players and API was not working from start. Had to restart it.
Gold
Forum Champion
Anton V. said: So, any updates? Just 2 mins ago I logged into my campaign (link above) WITHOUT players and API was not working from start. Had to restart it. Hey I'm watching for an Update here too, but, what you wrote above is not a good test example (2 minutes, just logged in, no players, had to restart API). Because, IF roll20 did any fixes on the API since last time you logged on, then a Restart API on initial login would be expected &amp; required. One restart, after a server change, is not necessarily a bad thing to see. If that's what happened.&nbsp;
Hey folks -&nbsp; We released the first fix of several fixes for the API issues during&nbsp; our API server maintenance today . Additional, more substantial fixes are in the works and we will let you know when we have more information to share on that front. Thanks everyone!